Politics ????

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
DesertNay

Re: Politics ????

Post by DesertNay »

I'm with CG. I learned from our past political discussions as well. And what happens in the political arena impacts the economy and our wallets.

We are coming up on a really out of the ordinary campaign year with lots of unusual candidates. I'd love to hear what other people think of the candidates. I respect each FL member and am always interested in their views.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

colonialgirl wrote:Sorry Deb,
I totally disagree with you.i don't think things got totally nasty. Some folks got angry or hurt when they stated opinion as fact and then were unable to back up what they said. Besides when things started to become heated, Jackie or Erin shut it down. Like Eve, I respect the political opinions here on this forum more than almost anywhere else and I have learned more politically here than any where.

But the biggest thing is, if one does not want to read and/ or participate in politically themed threads, then don't read or open them. It is that simple. I have to note they always seem to be the highest number of views and participation of all threads, so someone must be interested. Besides you have the option to block individuals so you don't have to listen to anyone.

I don't like threads on weight loss or child care issues because they don't in any way interest me, even though the weight loss should! But should they be banned because I don't want to see them? No.

Just my two cents. I think the forum has functioned very well over these past years and don't see any reason to change a lot of things because we have moved.
I totally agree with your post, CG. Personally, the spirited discussions are of IMMENSE interest to me. I love them! I like being challenged and I like seeing a topic from all sides.
Carol V

Post by Carol V »

If I have a vote I say keep politics out of our forum. Personally I am already so sick of it I could throw up sometimes. We've got over a year to go before general elections and I really really don't need to be lambasted with it every.single.day till then. I don't know why they have to start the MINUTE the current president is on his way out. Anyway, that's my thoughts on it.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Erin maybe we should have a separate folder/section for those who wish to engage in political discussions. That way those who aren't interested can skip over that section.

Bev
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Carol V wrote:If I have a vote I say keep politics out of our forum. Personally I am already so sick of it I could throw up sometimes. We've got over a year to go before general elections and I really really don't need to be lambasted with it every.single.day till then. I don't know why they have to start the MINUTE the current president is on his way out. Anyway, that's my thoughts on it.
I do like to voice my opinion at times, but I must agree that the presidential race starts way too early. I wish that we would do it the UK and Canadian way and have 5-6 week campaigns. This year so far has been horrible because of the insults and name calling by candidates. Whatever happened to respectful civil discussion of the issues.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote:
Carol V wrote:If I have a vote I say keep politics out of our forum. Personally I am already so sick of it I could throw up sometimes. We've got over a year to go before general elections and I really really don't need to be lambasted with it every.single.day till then. I don't know why they have to start the MINUTE the current president is on his way out. Anyway, that's my thoughts on it.
I do like to voice my opinion at times, but I must agree that the presidential race starts way too early. I wish that we would do it the UK and Canadian way and have 5-6 week campaigns. This year so far has been horrible because of the insults and name calling by candidates. Whatever happened to respectful civil discussion of the issues.
I just wish our campaign for prime minister was it's usual length. For some reason it is double that (cause Harper figured he would out cash all the other candidates) and his attack ads (Harper) are taking over the air waves.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/