Something to look forward to

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Something to look forward to

Post by Jackielou » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:34 am

I look forward to

warmer weather, when I can be outside playing in the dirt.

To hanging the laundry outside.

To having the DS's come home for a visit.

To visits to a cabin up in the mountains, or to a lake closer to us.

To reading a new book.

To sitting by the firepit on nice evenings.

To sewing, and knitting. Heck all things crafty.

To coffee with a good friend.

So many more little things I can't even list them all.

nbeaver

Post by nbeaver » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:52 pm

I have daily rituals that I enjoy and look forward to: reading the paper while drinking my hot tea in the morning; catching up with friends on facebook while eating my lunch in my office; watching Jeopardy while I fold clothes or exercise in the afternoon; watching a show on Netflix with DH. But I think it's also good to have bigger things to look forward to, and we fall down in that area sometimes. We have a few coming up:1) my kids cooking for us this week to celebrate my birthday; 2) a "family camp" where our extended family rents a camp on the Lake of the Ozarks for a weekend in June; 3) four weddings of family or friends in June through August--we will enjoy them all; 4) probably some short hiking trips with DH this summer. A big one for me: partial retirement in a little over a year.

randamax

Post by randamax » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:46 am

rinty wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:48 pm
I agree, Randa.

A week long school trip to the seaside. It will be a scream and give me endless tales to tell. :shock: Me and a friend are bunking up together, we did it last year and laughed ourselves sick......

Weekly craft club, its SO MUCH FUN, planning it, fiddling about making demos, LOVE IT.

Camping again, loved it last year.

A B and B getaway with DH ( without the dog !!!!)

Gardening as the weather gets warmer, I love pots and use all kinds of different ones, also like to use vintage bits and bobs, an old wicker kreel, trugs etc. I do the piddling gardening whilst DH does the graft at the allotment. I stroll up and pick the produce.

I love Randas DETAILED plans !
What are some of the things you make in your craft club? Is it for you and friends, or is it something you do at school with the kids? This sounds interesting to me! Nothing too complicated for me, though. I kinda like sticking with the easy peasy stuff =)

randamax

Post by randamax » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:48 am

clemencia2us wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:00 pm
I do but in the opposite way - :mrgreen:

I will be dreading some event or thing and once it is over - I am happy that i can relax and watch Monk marathons on tv

Thanksgiving - over - thanks

Christmas - over - great - relax

Annual festival - over - wonderful - Monk it is!
This sounds kind of sad to me. If you don't look forward to these things, why do you participate in them? Living with a sense of dread for everything is no way to live as far as I'm concerned.

randamax

Post by randamax » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:54 am

LogicsHere wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:39 pm
I read a book once, titled "Living Alone and Liking It", which I still have. The book emphasizes having something to look forward to on a daily basis if at all possible. It is so very true. It helped me keep my perspective positive when I was working for a man and a woman in another company who made my life miserable every single day. If it wasn't for my love of web page design, I don't know how I could have made it through.

I have a number of things I look forward to:

My sister's 5-10 daily phone calls, LOL
My coloring group
My senior citizens group (once weekly, although I usually go only 2x a month)
A lunch and 2 hour cruise on the Hudson next month
My monthly Mind Games and Breakfast Club Meetings
The 5 summer trips planned by our Town Recreation Dept. all free
My 2 week trip to Florida to visit my sister's family
Visits to the park when the weather is comfortable
Hopefully will be able to get to a Christmas Party sponsored by my hospital
group that I missed 2 years in a row.
So tell me about your coloring group. I know you've mentioned it before. How did it get started? Do you all work on the same project, or different ones? Do you use coloring books? Do you prefer colored pencils or pens? I've got a BUNCH of coloring books and used them for a while, but then stopped. I think it may be time to pick them up again and start working on them. I love filling in the colors and seeing the art work come to life! I have to admit, though, looking at all of the details on some of the pages kind of makes me anxious. I'm not sure why that is. Do you ever feel that way?

randamax

Post by randamax » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:59 am

alliesmama4 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:11 pm
... It is important to have something on the horizon.
It really is, Janet. For me, just knowing there is something wonderful out there waiting for me, really gives me a sense of joy. Sometimes things seem far off, but the time passes so quickly that suddenly those things that once seemed far away are HERE, NOW. Then...time to make more plans =)