Daily check in April 21, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily check in April 21, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

Happy Easter to all who celebrate.

It is a beautiful, sunny day here. I’ve been enjoying so much hearing the birds each morning but they have yet to find my bird feeder which is perhaps too close to the house.

I’m planning a quiet, reflective day. Will strip my bed but no other chores.

Enjoy your day.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Happy Easter.

Its raining. Going to make an after-church egg hunt more difficult.

I slept 5.5 solid hours. I wonder if I’ll get a nap in.

Just remembered am singing in church.

Dh has put the ham in, and is chopping potatoes for salad. I don't make good potato salad.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Happy Easter to all that celebrate.

We have a lovely sunny day ahead.I will be going to one of my niece's house this afternoon for dinner. Not much else planned.

Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers who are dealing with their many different problems.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Waking up slowly

It is nice and chilly. Having coffee in bed with my pups.

Nothing firm planned today.

Went to the birthday party yesterday evening. It was okay. I left after the music started. I must be getting old. Just don't like loud music. :lol:

I didn't even attend any easter week services - :o

I did go to Ash Wednesday.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

What a beautiful Easter Morning, Mother Nature is showing off today. All my Azaleas, the reds, pink and white are in full bloom and the dogwood trees are magnificent. I love Spring.

The Easter Service this morning was so beautiful and I feel like singing. Not that I can sing very well, but you know the feeling.

I've spent the last couple of days resting up, using my traveling as an excuse, so think I will extend it another day. There are a few things that could be done, but they will wait until tomorrow.

Wanted to share a little something that happened to me. While in the hospital I got a call from a company that said they were affiliated with my insurance company and that my insurance had contacted them about my surgery. To help me recover they were going to Fed-Ex me 14 frozen meals, juices and snacks. I told them that it would have to be delayed because I wouldn't be at home right after the surgery. I didn't go into any detail with them about my son's illness, but they told me to call them when I was able to receive the shipment.

When I knew that I was coming home, I contacted them and we set up the delivery for yesterday. This must be something new they have started for when I broke my arm this service wasn't offered. I was asked if I had any diet restrictions, which I do low sodium, and they assured me these meals met the criteria. I am totally impressed, I had an egg omelet this morning and it was very good, little bland until I added my Mrs Dash, but how nice to be able to pop this into the oven or microwave for a complete meal.

They included, bread, butter packets, fruit cups, snacks ( miniature moon pies, graham crackers in little packets, fig bars) and 7 containers of juices. There is a sausage and hamburger patty in the dinners as they sent a hot dog and hamburger bun, individually wrapped and sealed in cellophane. Anyway, Randa was asking if anyone had ever won anything and this is the first time I have ever been lucky enough to get anything of substance free. :lol: :lol: :lol: I will call my insurance company and tell them how much I appreciated this in the next few days.

I want to thank all of you that welcomed me home and for your prayers. It's times like this when I realize what a wonderful God we serve and how prayers can be answered. There is power in prayer.

I am going to enjoy this beautiful day and I hope that it's this nice at your homes as well. Happy Easter!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Happy Easter to all that celebrate it. Happy Passover to those who celebrate that holiday.
My youngest granddaughter has taken over the Easter egg hunt. She is only ten and this is her second year of doing it. She plans it for weeks...:)
She LOVES doing it and I have SO much fun searching for eggs again!
For the second year in a row....I have come out....drum roll......DEAD LAST!!!!