Walk in tubs ???

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Walk in tubs ???

Post by littlemiss63 »

LogicsHere wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:15 pm I take showers. I'm early 70s and getting in and out of a tub is not easy any more so there isn't any way that I'll tub bathe again. I'll sponge bath before I do that. My dad did sponge baths all his life and there was never an odor issue and my mom started doing it when she didn't feel comfortable getting in and out of the tub any longer. I also agree that I feel cleaner with a shower rather than sitting in the water after you've bathed in it.

When I had my bathroom redone last year, I had wanted to put in just a shower, but because I own a 1 bedroom/1 bath co-op, converting it to a shower only would have made it a bit more difficult to sell. I have asked for a quote on converting it to a shower only out of curiosity, but have not heard back from the contractor yet. I might in another 10 years if I'm still here have it done if the stock market stays good.
I wouldn't dream of taking a bath now alone in the house. I would be afraid of slipping getting in or out of the tub. I love my shower and unless I get really clumsy I should be very safe in it. One of our ministers wives who was in her late 50's fell getting out of the tub and it killed her when she hit her head. You just can't be to careful.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

We prefer showers. We had the door to the master bathroom removed and the entrance widened several years ago when hubs was fat and in poor health. He was able to use it with the help of a slide in seat. A great invention. He could sit on it outside the shower and slide in over the lip on the shower and not worry about having to step over the lip. A real problem for him at the time. Then he would be in the shower and ready to go. Then slide out after and just stand briefly to turn and get into the wheelchair. Now that he has lost 90 pounds on keto, the standing is not a big problem. However, the sliding shower seat can also serve as an emergency toilet seat since the center is removable and it can easily fit into our hurricane safe room. A bucket with trash bag fits under it easily for waste removal. In hurricane alley, you have to think about that.
RecoveringDreamer

Post by RecoveringDreamer »

icfrugal1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:01 pm LOL I can't be the only one who takes a bath and not a shower :roll: :lol: :o

IC
I also prefer baths to showers. If I shower, it is super quick. I prefer a nice, long soak in an epsom bath.
A Life Beyond Money
Self Sufficiency. Simple Living. Frugality.

www.alifebeyondmoney.blogspot.com
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:51 pm Leaks scare me, (well a lot of things scare me :lol: )

The company won't fix it????

We would not be installing it ourselfs, our plan would be to go with a company that does it all.

Thank you

IC
I have no idea. Seems like they removed it but I cannot recall.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:01 pm LOL I can't be the only one who takes a bath and not a shower :roll: :lol: :o

IC
I LOVE taking a bath. I use them as a "treat" for me, and like Jackie's hubby, I use warms baths with Epsom Salts to soothe my sore, tired muscles (and feet). I also use a hot Epsom Salts bath when I have migraines, and at TOTM -- it really helps me with both.