Daily Mail......school shooting.

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ohjodi

Daily Mail......school shooting.

Post by ohjodi »

I can't find the thread where we were talking about how despite the Daily Mail being awful, they do tend to be first on stories, an have a lot of information (although accuracy is questionable)

So just now, I went to the Daily Mail, and their first story is of a school shooting in Denver, which happened at 2 local time, 4 eastern.

Daily Mail posted this at 5 pm Eastern.

The Guardian published a small side piece at 6pm Eastern.

There is NOTHING at the New York Times, The Washington Post, and even Huffington Post....and right now it's 8pm eastern. Four hours after the shooting and there is nothing....if there is anything, it's buried somewhere.

So the Daily Mail had the story one hour after the fact, The Guardian two hours, NYT WP and HP...still nothing.

I noticed the same thing last week with the shooting at the college in North Carolina....The Daily Mail seemed to have it first, and they had a lot of info.

I'm not saying the DM is a good resource at all! But they're quick on things.

Although most of their stuff is a lot of bs, LOL
ohjodi
Quilter51

Re: Daily Mail......school shooting.

Post by Quilter51 »

I live in Denver, and I found it no later than two PM on three different sites at a minimum including CNN and Fix, not sure what other ones. It's been on the national news on tv.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Having said that, I waver on this issue just as I do on things like youth suicide. The news brings more attention and attention breeds copycat behavior. If you dont live in Colorado did you need to know this immediately and watch it or read about it all day long?
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ohjodi wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:10 pm I can't find the thread where we were talking about how despite the Daily Mail being awful, they do tend to be first on stories, an have a lot of information (although accuracy is questionable)

So just now, I went to the Daily Mail, and their first story is of a school shooting in Denver, which happened at 2 local time, 4 eastern.

Daily Mail posted this at 5 pm Eastern.

The Guardian published a small side piece at 6pm Eastern.

There is NOTHING at the New York Times, The Washington Post, and even Huffington Post....and right now it's 8pm eastern. Four hours after the shooting and there is nothing....if there is anything, it's buried somewhere.

So the Daily Mail had the story one hour after the fact, The Guardian two hours, NYT WP and HP...still nothing.

I noticed the same thing last week with the shooting at the college in North Carolina....The Daily Mail seemed to have it first, and they had a lot of info.

I'm not saying the DM is a good resource at all! But they're quick on things.

Although most of their stuff is a lot of bs, LOL
I have been seeing this all over facebook from ABC, NBC, CBS and variuos news agencies here in Canada. First post I saw was at 2 central time.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

In fact the early morning news conference today, the DA specifically asked the news not to concentrate on this and make this all day coverage, and specifically not to give the perpetrators any covereage, but we know that wont happen. They will talk about them ad adnausem and then someone else will think its great to get their name in the paper.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Quilter51 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:29 pm I live in Denver, and I found it no later than two PM on three different sites at a minimum including CNN and Fix, not sure what other ones. It's been on the national news on tv.
I don't watch television news or look at tv news websites...just a habit of going to newspaper sites. I just think it's weird that I didn't find this news at NYTimes or Washington Post.
ohjodi