Daily Check-In, May 8, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check-In, May 8, 2019

Post by jckitty » Wed May 08, 2019 8:01 pm

Rinty,

When does the new royal baby get a title? Or will he get a title and who determines what it will be? I know next to nothing about this stuff.
JCKitty

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:30 pm

Jackie, I must have missed the post that expresses your specific concern, but I agree that the Pope's missive, aka the Laudato Si is a wonderful read, and it is not a long book as such. We have read it for my book group in church since our theme for the year has been around that topic, starting with how to do things within our church (like cutting down thebulliten, recyclingit all, sending all missives by email, no using paper or plastic products in the church and so on.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Wed May 08, 2019 9:45 pm

Quilter51 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:30 pm
Jackie, I must have missed the post that expresses your specific concern, but I agree that the Pope's missive, aka the Laudato Si is a wonderful read, and it is not a long book as such. We have read it for my book group in church since our theme for the year has been around that topic, starting with how to do things within our church (like cutting down thebulliten, recyclingit all, sending all missives by email, no using paper or plastic products in the church and so on.
It was a post I made on my blog. I will need to refresh my memory of Pope Francis's letter. I think that our preist skipped that one.

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:58 pm

Nor actually a letter, really a small book. It used to be downloadable free.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Wed May 08, 2019 11:26 pm

LOL most documents/encyclicals from our popes could be considered books as they are almost all many, many pages. Catholics for the most part call them either letters or documents.

rinty

Post by rinty » Thu May 09, 2019 1:40 pm

jckitty wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:01 pm
Rinty,

When does the new royal baby get a title? Or will he get a title and who determines what it will be? I know next to nothing about this stuff.
JCKitty
Hii ! As I understand, had Harry wanted, his children could be " Lord" Dwayne Jaxon Honeybutt, or " Lady " Sparkle Markel Cutiebump, but he has declined a title for them. Princess Anne did the same and declined titles for her two children who are styled plain Peter and Zara Phillips.

I am glad, and I think he has made the right decision. The child will be raised incredibly rich so he'll be Just Fine ;)

Rinty is SO NOT a royalist :shock: I think they are a great tourist attraction who have WAY too many hangers on ( with titles )

Oh, BTW I loved your dinner post, Ritz Chicken is a Mormon staple !