Daily Check In May 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In May 12, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Morning, back after coffee.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In May 12, 2019

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning!

I slept so much better last night. I did get up at 3ish, but went back to sleep

So now i am up and have already put the pups out, fed the cats, put up fresh water, cleaned up wee wee pads etc. So much to do while still half awake!

Think i am going to join some siblings for breakfast.

Hope all have a great day
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers on the forum. I am including those who have fur babies in my greeting as well. After all our fur babies, children are an important part of our families.

I am hoping that today will see and end to my decluttering pattern books and such in the sewing/craft room. I have left off the storage drawers for awhile as I need to get some sewing accomplished before I can declutter those more. I did manage to empty one of three drawers though gathering those pieces of fabric I wish to use up this month (if I ever get the energy or mind set). Once the patterns (knitting, cross stitching, and craft ideas) are straightened out I hope to get started. Lots to do in the last few weeks of the month.

Frugally speaking there will be no spending today. I stopped at a greenhouse in the city and picked up a few items yesterday, so I will wait to finish off my plant buying until later in the week. Meals will be made from scratch with items from freezer, fridge and cupboard. We will not be going out for a Mother's Day brunch or meal, it will be way too crowded. My lists will be made up for the weeks chores and projects that I hope to complete.

The ongoing plant list will be gone through to see what I have bought and what is still needed (should I say wanted). Seems as if the plants are arriving very slowly to this city. Really kind of annoying (thinking I might have to change a few things).

I may trade some meals around however and get Hubby to do some BBQ tonight to save me a bit of work though. I can sit in my new egg chair (gift from Hubby) and watch him cook.

Today I am grateful for the greening up of my world. Dandelions are finally out and seem to be thriving.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers. I told Pippi that she should make me breakfast in bed but alas I ended up giving her her breakfast before making my own. All moms can relate I’m sure.

I miss my mom, of course, but I do not feel the sadness I felt last year. Our last Mother’s Day together was a very good one so I cling to that memory.

I stayed home all day yesterday and plan to do the same today. Little by little I’m doing some “zone” cleaning I had let go. But I’m mostly reading and playing online

I’m reading Shortest Way Home by Pete Buttigieg (my book published in 2019 for Randa’s list). He most likely will not be elected President but I admire him a lot. Very smart, decent, religious (in ways that I feel religious), kind of a nerd and frugal, too. He is an excellent pianist and when he moved back to South Bend began saving for a keyboard. On a bus in nearby Chicago his mom overheard a man saying he wanted to get rid of a piano and no one wanted it. She took his name and gave it to Pete. Pete visited him to make an offer but the man said “free” so Pete moved it to South Bend where he had a friend who restored pianos. The cost of the needed repairs was about the price of a new keyboard but he ended up with a 1920 Baby Grand. My type of guy.

I’ve been checking online for aspirin prices. My mom always said a doctor told her get the cheapest generic. But aspirin prices really vary a lot from what I’m finding out. This is for regular and baby aspirin. I’ve used up all the baby aspirin from mom’s house.

Not much else. It is blazing hot. Some like it I guess. Can’t complain, however, when I see the rain and flooding near Janet, in Houston and Louisiana and raw weather in many other areas.

Enjoy your day.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Happy Mother's Day!
Invited to my kid's for brunch!
Raining here. We have had SO MUCH rain. Most of my garden is planted...early....hoping for the best.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackie, what is an egg chair?