Daily check in May 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in May 13, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Morning everyone. Let's get started.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily check in May 13, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

It was a busy weekend. Celebrating my Godson/cousin's graduation from Med school and then Mother's Day lunch with the Folks, DS1, DDIL and the Grandson's and Dinner with DS2. Everyone is doing well.

My Monday meeting schedule is different this month due to Memorial day, so no meeting tonight. I need to do some walking. I was terrible last week and the scale is reflecting that.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning Frugal folks,

Today, we have a chance of rain. While so many of you are drowning in excess rainfall, my place here in Florida is dry. Hubs says it is the "power of the pin", the locational pin we have in the online weather map makes rain go around us, he says. Of course, that is silly, but it seems to happen a lot.

The yard guy was supposed to send me an estimate for mowing the grass yesterday. I didn't get it, so I sent him an email last evening. If his numbers look too high, I will contact another company I have used in the past. I tried cleaning up the yard a bit yesterday and as soon as I tried lifting the landscape timbers, my knee went "ouch". So I simply must have yard help this summer. Makes me so sad. The lack of activity already has me feeling fat.

I had planned to visit the chiropractor this morning, but I think I will put it off until Wednesday. He doesn't need an appointment if you are a repeat customer. Pretty neat. But I will check with his office this morning, just to be sure he will be in.

I have finally gotten my regimen of home treatment organized right and the knee swelling is down quite a bit. I begin with working the knee hinge in bed before getting out of bed "sensibly". I wear the brace all night as well as all day. Then after coffee, I do 10 minutes of ultrasound. Later in the morning, 10 minutes of ice. Additional ice in the mid afternoon and often ice in the evening. Another ultrasound treatment and just before bed, the tens treatment. The tens treatment offers me a pain free sleep. I have owned both a portable ultrasound and portable tens unit for many years. As a dancer, they are a must have. Both ultrasound and tens have a pretty good reputation for muscle repair and reduction of inflammation. And ice for reduction of swelling, of course.

I used my new irrigation lines yesterday for watering. They are performing as expected. That reducing the amount of movement I have to do on the uneven, soft ground of the garden. Of course, I would prefer rain, but when the rainy season comes, I may feel otherwise.

All of my children contacted me yesterday and my grand daughter even wished me a Happy Mother's Day. That was so precious to me. Getting mushy in my old age. I found out that my son, the wealthy one, bought a Tesla. Wow.

I bought a rotisserie chicken yesterday and didn't have to cook. The store with the really big chickens had them on sale. It made it a good buy.

Today, I will call my old dance partner and wish him a safe trip out to the Grand Canyon with his sister and cousin. I am glad I am not around him so much as I was before. His negative attitude and generally depressing viewpoint is exhausting.

Today, I will try to tidy up the back yard a bit more or I may take a chance to see how my neighbor with the back problems is doing. I definitely will water the garden. See how far everything goes.

Today, I am grateful that I had the good sense to go to the chiropractor. Have a good day everyone.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up at the usual time this morning, but I am moving very slowly. I seem to be aching in every single joint in my body, and some places that don't even have joints are hurting. Part of this could be the change in weather that is expected later this week (rain) and part could in fact be the beginning of a fibro flare up (hopefully a small one). Too much to do and I do not need a brain fog, or the constant tiredness to contend with.

I have my usual Monday list of chores to accomplish today, and since it is so nice out I would really like to hang all the clothing outside... But first I need to find my clothespins. Hubby put them somewhere and can not remember where he put them and I am refusing to go out and purchase more.

Plants will be put outside again today and given a good dose of sunshine, I will even get some of the vines out there as well. My table top is beginning to look jungle like, but all I can think of is that for a fraction of the cost I have trailing plants to put in all my pots. I think I just may add to the collection next fall.

Usual Monday frugal habits will be occurring. I am hoping to cut out the curtains for the bedroom window today and get them up quickly. That will be one project on my years list done.

I am getting closer to being able to make some of my own cleaners. The under cabinet area around the sink is slowly clearing out. I know there will be a few items I will still need to purchase, but I am pretty sure there will be a few I can get rid of. I even know which dollar store sells the better spray bottles.

I didn't do much in the way of use it up yesterday, though I did manage to finish one knitted square. Seems as if this knitted square thing could take awhile. I am onto using the last ball of fine yarn I have upstairs and soon will have to start using some of the thicker yarn. These will work up into two different blankets eventually. But until they do I guess I will have to save them up (once again collecting something to be made into something new).

I did manage to clear the sewing/craft room of some clutter over the last couple of days (okay three). I went through on my binders of printed out, saved from magazines, and kept from bands on yarn, patterns. Cleared out doubles, those that are way out of style (if they come back I will find the pattern again), and those I will just never do. Managed to cull out several 1" binders and a larger one as well. Now just to figure out a nice way to cover them....perhaps something that uses up some of the upholstery fabric I have ;) .

Supper this evening is going to be Baked Spaghetti, salad, and perhaps a side of asparagus (little bit of that left in the fridge that needs using). My menus are switched around for the week.

Today I am grateful that we could hit double digit above freezing temperatures today. Heck we could in fact perhaps reach the mid 70's.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Had a restless night. Kept tossing and turning. Was worried about one of my pups, but decided to stop and regroup. He is eating and walking around and not complaining of pain. He has already gone out for the morning and came right back in - no issues. So will take him to the vet today.

I say stop and regroup because that was the sermon on Saturday. The priest said not to get upset about things that happen in life, just step back and regroup.

I also worry about my car. It has been acting up and with all that was going on with my brother, haven't had time to get it checked.

So i am having my coffee, will shower, get dressed and go on with the day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I had a wonderful weekend visit with my son and daughter in law. I didn’t get much chance to rest, I was afraid of missing time with them.

One of my Mother’s day presents was my washing machine. I would much rather have a necessity rather than something I can just look at. I also got a gift card to OutBack Steak House. Plus a wooden yarn bowl with some banana yarn and some wooden knitting needles with . They are beautiful. But I am not sure I will use them.

The knitting needles are the right size for the project but are flexible straight needles the pattern calls for circular needles. I have the size needle I will need.

Penny