Daily check in May 30, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily check in May 30, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

littlemiss63 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:54 pm Good Evening Frugal Friends,

Another month is coming to an end and it has flown for me. As you know I spent two weeks at Mr. B's house and it flew by. We had a great time, went to a dance with one of his friends and his lady friend, which was also a pot-luck. I made baked beans to take and there wasn't a smidgen left. Made me feel good that everyone loved them.

He dragged me to the gym every morning and kept his house so cold until I thought I was in Iceland. I've gotten so cold-natured since going on this dratted blood thinner. Last summer when I was there and not on the blood-thinner I was fine. I spent as much time on the front porch as I could and I did have the foresight to take a sweater, so he wouldn't be miserable. He would have turned it up for me if I had asked him to. That old saying is you can add layers to keep warm, but it's hard to take enough clothes off to get cool is very true.

The daughter also goes to the gym and she meets 2 of her girlfriends there every morning. She was actually very friendly to me in front of them so it was a pleasant experience. He thinks she's softening towards me, and I hope for his sake she is, but I honestly don't care. He and that sweet dog love me and I'm good with that. His dog follows me every step I take, sleeps with me, and will not go into the daughters house unless I get out of the car. She will come and stand beside the passenger door and if they try to come after her to get her inside, she's runs from both of them. He and I think it's hilarious, I am not sure how funny she thinks it is. LOL If we are going to be gone for several hours he takes her to the daughters house.

I didn't have a lot of dirty clothes to bring home, but what I did have I washed today. My house was clean when I left, so not a lot of house cleaning is needed. I plan to spend the day tomorrow in my yard trimming the hedges and my Azaleas. I will get up early before it gets to hot.

Hope everyone is having a great summer and I still have to catch up with reading the board. The only thing so far that I've read that is bad is about Owned's husband and Janet's brother being trapped at his home by the flood waters.
Glad that you had a nice time and that Mr. B's daughter seems to be softening towards you.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Did not get any sewing done, but did manage some extra cleaning and straightening up of the disaster my sewing/craft room had become (it will be back to looking like a major storm passed through by the end of tomorrow).

Shopping was done, and I didn't spend as much on groceries as I thought I would. Good thing as I fell in love with two pairs of sandals (which I needed) and found a new bra to replace one that will be heading out the door soon.

Off to have a cold drink, cause it is really hot in here and I am very thirsty.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Finally getting some rain. It is nice and cool outside.