daily check in May 31, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: daily check in May 31, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

jckitty wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:44 pm Hello all,

Quick check in to let you know...I am in the hospital with my dad.
He got really sick this last week, have forgotten the day. would not go to ER.
I kept taking care of him at home but he took a fall on Tuesday? and I called a company with Hospice, had an evaluation, nurse said possibly Pneumonia....so I sorta lied to my dad and said it was a nurse from his doctors office and she said to go to ER for pneumonia and he finally agreed.
I have been here with him since (on a cot) in his room.
He is dehydrated, meds were screwed up because of the dehydration and because he had gotten into the laxatives which caused the dehydration they may have caused a bleed in his digestive track.
He has had fluids, blood and platelets…. he is coming along nicely but I have to stay 24/7 because he depends on me. Nurses and staff have been great, he wants to buy them donuts, LOL.

Trying to get his strength built back up, the doc would like to see him go to rehab for a week but at this time he is refusing, so please pray he will be strong enough to get him home and I am lining up home health care and maybe a private duty nurse. I will move in with him if I need to.
I am hoping he will try the rehab first, working on getting him to agree.

I am sure by now my house looks like the city dump but DD's are trying to keep up with everything and do their jobs also. We will get thru this.
More later?
JCKitty
You and your Dad are in my prayers.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:28 pm Jackie, my 17 and a half year old kitty started not wanting to eat much in his last months. We gave him Fancy Feast canned food, just a little several times a day, and that was all he needed. Like elderly people, they often don't eat as much.He had some serious health problems that hastened his death. Had he stayed healthy, he would have handled old age like a boss.

JCKitty, I hope your dad continues to rally and will go to rehab. You take such good care of him.(((hugs)))

I fell into bed exhausted last night and slept for 10 hours. Got up this morning, did some office work from home (It's my day off) and ran errands. Took cleaning supplies to my single mom friend and checked on the fellow in the homeless shelter I have been looking after. Everyone was okay today, thank goodness.

Right now I am catching up on laundry and cuddling my middle dachshund, Lily the love bug, who has a bad tooth causing her pain. Her mouth is a disaster even by dachshund standards.. Most of her front teeth had to be extracted or never formed correctly and what remains tends to abscess. Although she is only seven years old, she loses a few more teeth to the vet every year. She is on soft food and pain pills until her dental appointment in a few days. Must remember to put baby food on the grocery list for her.
I think she might be leaving us in the very near future. As Hubby says "What are we going to do without her?".
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

No baking done as of yet but I might get to that tonight.

I did finish the quilt and am quite happy about having the chance to check off another goal for the month.

All the bills were entered into the budget sheets and filed. We are under budget again this month. A very good thing.

I will finish off one of the two presentation boards for the ministry fair and start on the second one tomorrow. Slowly but surely getting everything done that needs to be done.

Tonight I am thinking it might be nice to sit outside by the firepit.
Jackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:30 pm I think she might be leaving us in the very near future. As Hubby says "What are we going to do without her?".
Jackie I know what you mean fur babies add so much to our lives.
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Update: Got almost all my shrubs trimmed, will finish up tomorrow. I messed up one of my Calphalon pots today and I'm just sick about it. I had some butter beans cooking and a friend called, I was in the office and I let them burn. I smelled them about the time the smoke alarm went off. Thank the lord it didn't mess up my smooth top stove, where it had boiled over the cleaner took it right up once it cooled.

Clem, will appreciate this. You know who I thought about when I was cleaning that stove. Nancy Now (On YouTube) that use to cook her eggs on her stove without a skillet. I was having to scrub so hard and I often wondered how much work that was for her, if she cleaned at all. LOL

I vowed today after this happened that I will not answer my phone or leave the kitchen again when I have something cooking.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Little miss, one of the church ladies called me last week and demanded that I go downstairs and clean the microwave right that minute. I said, "But It's not dirty. It was clean when I fixed my lunch." She said, "I heated up pizza in it" and hung up.

I went to the kitchen and discovered she had laid her pizza on the glass turntable plate without so much as a paper towel under it, which created a horrible mess of baked on cheese. So I wound up scrubbing the plate with a metal spatula and muttering about uncivilized barbarians in the kitchen.
Mackie