daily check in May 31, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: daily check in May 31, 2019

Post by littlemiss63 »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:43 pm Little miss, one of the church ladies called me last week and demanded that I go downstairs and clean the microwave right that minute. I said, "But It's not dirty. It was clean when I fixed my lunch." She said, "I heated up pizza in it" and hung up.

I went to the kitchen and discovered she had laid her pizza on the glass turntable plate without so much as a paper towel under it, which created a horrible mess of baked on cheese. So I wound up scrubbing the plate with a metal spatula and muttering about uncivilized barbarians in the kitchen.
I have never done this before and I am so upset with myself. I have always made a habit of not leaving anything unattended as I am so afraid of having a fire. I don't even burn candles in my house, use battery operated ones for that very reason. I will have to replace the pan, I scrubbed on it some more and it looks awful on the outside, inside is fine. I always reheat things in my microwave using paper towels or a paper plate so it want be hard to clean when needed.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

littlemiss63 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:16 pm Update: Got almost all my shrubs trimmed, will finish up tomorrow. I messed up one of my Calphalon pots today and I'm just sick about it. I had some butter beans cooking and a friend called, I was in the office and I let them burn. I smelled them about the time the smoke alarm went off. Thank the lord it didn't mess up my smooth top stove, where it had boiled over the cleaner took it right up once it cooled.

Clem, will appreciate this. You know who I thought about when I was cleaning that stove. Nancy Now (On YouTube) that use to cook her eggs on her stove without a skillet. I was having to scrub so hard and I often wondered how much work that was for her, if she cleaned at all. LOL

I vowed today after this happened that I will not answer my phone or leave the kitchen again when I have something cooking.
Nancy Today! lol
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:43 pm Little miss, one of the church ladies called me last week and demanded that I go downstairs and clean the microwave right that minute. I said, "But It's not dirty. It was clean when I fixed my lunch." She said, "I heated up pizza in it" and hung up.

I went to the kitchen and discovered she had laid her pizza on the glass turntable plate without so much as a paper towel under it, which created a horrible mess of baked on cheese. So I wound up scrubbing the plate with a metal spatula and muttering about uncivilized barbarians in the kitchen.
Mackie, is it in your job description to clean the microwave? Really. Uncivilized barbarians is quite correct.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:03 am Mackie, is it in your job description to clean the microwave? Really. Uncivilized barbarians is quite correct.
I know - that is crazy!
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Thank you, I'm going to go see what she's up to. You have a fabulous memory, and I knew you would keep me straight LOL