Daily Check-In, June 1, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-In, June 1, 2019

Post by clemencia2us »

lennon05 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:32 am Clem, I have talked with several people who have them and they are very pleased. One person lives near our property and he explained the system in detail to me. My BIL also had one installed several months ago and he is happy with his power bill. It will just be me and my husband there mostly and we will have no need to cool and heat the whole house just for us.
And you can control each room temp as needed by the individual.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by clemencia2us » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:16 am

Happy Birthday PennyC!
Thank you.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Happy birthday Penny
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

It is June 1. Wow. Time flies. I am spending the majority of my day in the transport wheelchair, originally for hubs. But it is now for me. Last night was a good night. I stayed off the leg most of the day. Did not try to do any yard work. My only activity was taking hubs to the doctor. I learned a lot from the doctor. I have been hearing so many bad things about keto that I thought I would ask some questions. Also I am concerned about hub's kidneys and wanted to share my concerns with the doctor. Yes, the doctor is monitoring the kidney situation. He and I are on the same page. I asked about vitamin deficiency due to no or little fruit on the diet. He told me how to take care of it. Stuff I didn't know and I know a lot. I feel better able to be to take care of him. The doc gave me a compliment. He said he remembered that hubs was ready to die 2 years ago. He had given up and now his health is excellent. And it is due to this diet and he nodded at me. It is the right one for hubs. I had a strutting moment. In fact a strutting day.

The doc said berries will solve my concerns on vitamin C and also ensure B-12 and B-6 because of the bacteria on the berries. I did not know that. I am going to have to study that up. He also said he was ok with hubs blood pressure as long as it is under 140. He felt that the post polio made it unstable and he didn't want to see it go hypo, an apparent concern. I learned a lot.

I went out earlier today to do some needed shopping. It is so hot, so early. I don't use the ac in the car. It has it, but I just don't trust it and if I go out early, it is not a problem. I have decided to put a temporary backsplash on the wall behind the sink. I find the paint there absorbs stains and it never feels clean. I want to eventually change out the kitchen, but until I make my final decisions, I need something now. I have decided to go with vinyl floor planks. I talked to the handyman and he said get the lock together, moisture resistant. I looked and found a white wood grain that could be interesting. Thinking on it. The popular backsplashes are too busy for me and too expensive.

I am finished for the day. Just got my irrigation lines operating and am monitoring those. Then just a bit of this and that the rest of the day, off my feet. I hate feeling so lazy. Another hot day, small chance of rain.

Today I am grateful for less pain. Have a good day all.
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Happy Birthday to You Penny! Hello everyone. Enjoying reading the check-in. Was up way too early this morning but the dogs had to go out. Breakfast was cereal and strong, hot coffee. Got my regular Saturday housework and laundry done and not hanging out at the library for about 45 more minutes.

Will walk the dogs today (it is not too hot) and want to make some oatmeal/banana pancakes and homemade soup for the freezer. Getting ready for another work trip next week. Monday evening I'm taking one dog to my parents' house and the other to a boarding kennel. I will miss them Monday night be I leave early Tuesday morning so they have to go on Monday.

The weather has alternated between sunny and overcast all day. There was a big parade in town - I didn't go. For some reason or other I absolutely detest parades - I think they are silly and obnoxious and will avoid them at all costs.

Okay - I'm off to get some surveys, mypoints, etc. done. Enjoy the weekend everyone.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Saturday everyone,

I did some more grocery shopping. I also got some potted herbs I will try to grow on my balcony. It faces South, so I hope it is sunny enough. No concrete plans for the weekend. But that's when I get in trouble. I hope to connect with the boys sometime.

I had to contact Land's End. US said my package was left at my door, but I did not find it. They are sending me out another order. Weird, because there are 4 apartments in my hallway and have never had a problem before.

Have a good day,
Maggie