Daily Check-In, June 1, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-In, June 1, 2019

Post by floridacatlover » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:02 pm

littlemiss63 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:20 pm
Good Afternoon Everyone,

We are enjoying another beautiful day in Tennessee. It feels good to say that after all the complaining I did about the rain.

Logics, I am with you on the no housework on the week-end. However, I've had to break my rule this week as I spent the last couple of days in the yard. I didn't strip my bed and wash the sheets until this morning and I did my 15 minute FlyLady routine on my zone. Didn't take me long to do it and I can't wait to crawl into my nice clean bed tonight. My husband use to say if he could afford a maid he's have his sheets changed everyday. I now feel the same way. :lol: :lol:

I don't know what I will do the rest of the day, but probably going to do nothing. Everyone have a wonderful week-end.

Happy Birthday Penny.
LittleMiss, I have started watching a YouTube channel I think you might like. It is “Diane in Denmark.”

She was a FlyLady mentor for awhile but now just does what I call inspirational videos but she still emphasizes FlyLady. She is from Edinburgh, Scotland but now lives with her Danish husband and two kids in Copenhagen. She is early 50s.

What I love is that she is very, very positive and upbeat. She dresses beautifully and is into a program called Dressing Your Truth. She is thrifty (although I can tell she is well to do) and gets most of her clothes and jewelry through clothes swaps with friends and charity swaps. I’m not into that system but I did drag out my very old Color Me Beautiful book and seasonal fabric swatches. She does not sell any products or have affiliate links. Can you tell that I LOVE her videos.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:21 pm

Dgflorida wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:40 am
Good morning all,

It is June 1. Wow. Time flies. I am spending the majority of my day in the transport wheelchair, originally for hubs. But it is now for me. Last night was a good night. I stayed off the leg most of the day. Did not try to do any yard work. My only activity was taking hubs to the doctor. I learned a lot from the doctor. I have been hearing so many bad things about keto that I thought I would ask some questions. Also I am concerned about hub's kidneys and wanted to share my concerns with the doctor. Yes, the doctor is monitoring the kidney situation. He and I are on the same page. I asked about vitamin deficiency due to no or little fruit on the diet. He told me how to take care of it. Stuff I didn't know and I know a lot. I feel better able to be to take care of him. The doc gave me a compliment. He said he remembered that hubs was ready to die 2 years ago. He had given up and now his health is excellent. And it is due to this diet and he nodded at me. It is the right one for hubs. I had a strutting moment. In fact a strutting day.

The doc said berries will solve my concerns on vitamin C and also ensure B-12 and B-6 because of the bacteria on the berries. I did not know that. I am going to have to study that up. He also said he was ok with hubs blood pressure as long as it is under 140. He felt that the post polio made it unstable and he didn't want to see it go hypo, an apparent concern. I learned a lot.

I went out earlier today to do some needed shopping. It is so hot, so early. I don't use the ac in the car. It has it, but I just don't trust it and if I go out early, it is not a problem. I have decided to put a temporary backsplash on the wall behind the sink. I find the paint there absorbs stains and it never feels clean. I want to eventually change out the kitchen, but until I make my final decisions, I need something now. I have decided to go with vinyl floor planks. I talked to the handyman and he said get the lock together, moisture resistant. I looked and found a white wood grain that could be interesting. Thinking on it. The popular backsplashes are too busy for me and too expensive.

I am finished for the day. Just got my irrigation lines operating and am monitoring those. Then just a bit of this and that the rest of the day, off my feet. I hate feeling so lazy. Another hot day, small chance of rain.

Today I am grateful for less pain. Have a good day all.
Dg congrats on a job well done with taking such good care of your DH and giving him a better quality of life. So keep on strutting..

Good to hear that berries are good for the vitamins and work with the keto diet. I need to get in to eating them more often..
Janet Alliesmama

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:56 pm

Happy Birthday Penny

Logics, the nature of the beast is that it is more expensive to cook for one unless you cook in bulk and freeze. all those years I lived alone I cooked large pieces of meat (because I love roasts and such, and chili and all that and then froze it in single serving or double serving bags-because I like homemade soups and stews. I would do the same, bake twelve corn muffins and then freeze them.

Today My church had their weeklyu women's lunch at eleven thirty so I was out and dressed and respectible early for me. Then I ran to kohls. I had to have a new dana Buchman purse on sale and I ordered some tops and had them delivered to the store because they are thrity percent cheaper doing that. I did not stop at Krispy Kreme next door. I also got three things free through coupns at sprouts and bought lamb

This afternoon I am going to read a Nefada bar book and work on a fourth of july table runner.

I am seriously investigating going to Tuscon arizona for three weeks and volunteering with this group in the near future.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/29/read ... BC0lLTNcuk

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:46 pm

Thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes.

I had a wonderful day. My daughter took a friend and I out to lunch and brought us both cupcakes from Meemo's bakery. They have wonderful cupcakes. That have become a family tradition.

Penny

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:28 pm

itspennyc wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:46 pm
Thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes.

I had a wonderful day. My daughter took a friend and I out to lunch and brought us both cupcakes from Meemo's bakery. They have wonderful cupcakes. That have become a family tradition.

Penny
Penny glad to hear you had a lovely birthday.
Janet Alliesmama

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:34 pm

floridacatlover wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:02 pm
LittleMiss, I have started watching a YouTube channel I think you might like. It is “Diane in Denmark.”

She was a FlyLady mentor for awhile but now just does what I call inspirational videos but she still emphasizes FlyLady. She is from Edinburgh, Scotland but now lives with her Danish husband and two kids in Copenhagen. She is early 50s.

What I love is that she is very, very positive and upbeat. She dresses beautifully and is into a program called Dressing Your Truth. She is thrifty (although I can tell she is well to do) and gets most of her clothes and jewelry through clothes swaps with friends and charity swaps. I’m not into that system but I did drag out my very old Color Me Beautiful book and seasonal fabric swatches. She does not sell any products or have affiliate links. Can you tell that I LOVE her videos.
Thank you so much, I will check it out.