Daily Check-In, June 1, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-In, June 1, 2019

Post by ChristmasTrees » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:16 pm

Happy Birthday Penny!

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:01 am

floridacatlover wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:02 pm
LittleMiss, I have started watching a YouTube channel I think you might like. It is “Diane in Denmark.”

She was a FlyLady mentor for awhile but now just does what I call inspirational videos but she still emphasizes FlyLady. She is from Edinburgh, Scotland but now lives with her Danish husband and two kids in Copenhagen. She is early 50s.

What I love is that she is very, very positive and upbeat. She dresses beautifully and is into a program called Dressing Your Truth. She is thrifty (although I can tell she is well to do) and gets most of her clothes and jewelry through clothes swaps with friends and charity swaps. I’m not into that system but I did drag out my very old Color Me Beautiful book and seasonal fabric swatches. She does not sell any products or have affiliate links. Can you tell that I LOVE her videos.
Gave up my "Colour Me Beautiful" book and swatches awhile ago. I know I am a winter and know what looks good now. I can wear a few of Autumns colours if I wear makeup though (no longer even try to get made up in the morning).

What season are you FCL?

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:16 am

Jackielou wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:01 am
Gave up my "Colour Me Beautiful" book and swatches awhile ago. I know I am a winter and know what looks good now. I can wear a few of Autumns colours if I wear makeup though (no longer even try to get made up in the morning).

What season are you FCL?
I am an a-typical Summer because I look good in black also. It was surprising because my Mom is definitely a Winter. What I cannot wear is anything orange-y. Peach, Some Corals and orange-reds wash me right out. I am naturally drawn to pinks, blues & Greens.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:30 am

mbrudnic wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:16 am
I am an a-typical Summer because I look good in black also. It was surprising because my Mom is definitely a Winter. What I cannot wear is anything orange-y. Peach, Some Corals and orange-reds wash me right out. I am naturally drawn to pinks, blues & Greens.
I am a Fall and really do not like a lot of the colors I am suppose to wear.. Bummer.
Janet Alliesmama