Daily Check-In, June 1, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-In, June 1, 2019

Post by floridacatlover » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:51 am

Happy Birthday, Penny!

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:16 am

Happy birthday Penny. May you have many, many more happy ones.
Janet Alliesmama

lennon05

Post by lennon05 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:22 am

Thinking of you Jckitty as you care for your dad.

Happy Birthday Penney

Jackie there is an airconditon system here in the States and in some European countries called a split system. It is ventless. I don't know if it is available there or if it would work for y'all. We are thinking about installing this system when we build our vacation house.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:25 am

lennon05 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:22 am
Thinking of you Jckitty as you care for your dad.

Happy Birthday Penney

Jackie there is an airconditon system here in the States and in some European countries called a split system. It is ventless. I don't know if it is available there or if it would work for y'all. We are thinking about installing this system when we build our vacation house.
I love those! That is what i want in this house. Tired of the whole house system. Always something.

lennon05

Post by lennon05 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:32 am

Clem, I have talked with several people who have them and they are very pleased. One person lives near our property and he explained the system in detail to me. My BIL also had one installed several months ago and he is happy with his power bill. It will just be me and my husband there mostly and we will have no need to cool and heat the whole house just for us.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:33 am

Good morning. We have a lovely sunny cool morning. The last two days have been wonderful but we are expecting severe storms this evening. The weatherman said yesterday that there were only 9 days in May that we did not have rain or storms. The river was suppose to crest on Monday, then Tuesday, and now has been moved to Thursday.. I feel so sorry for all of those that are suffering. The nice thing is so many caring people are going beyond what you would expect. A rescue sanctuary has offered boarding to people who are displaced and have animals that includes horses down to bunnies. A storage company is offering storage for people for $1.00 a month for 2 months. They had to reinforce a levee the other day and they thought it would take two days and so many volunteers showed up it was done in one day.. People can be so good and caring during times like this.

Jackie our weather people said yesterday that the haziness we had yesterday and will have today is due to the smoke from fires in Alberta, Canada. Is that the same one you are having to deal with? It is not significant here but it is affecting a lot of places so far away.

Today I am just going to putter around and do some cooking. Also going to do some laundry with my Ecoegg. Once the dew has been burned away I am going to put a sheet down under my mulberry tree. I am hoping to catch a lot of them that way. Right now the buffalo gnats are driving me nuts when I try to pick them. I am going to use some mosquito netting to attach to a hat to help cut down on their annoying buzzing and biting. They tend to go for your face and neck and I read that if you wear the netting and hat they are not as annoying.
Have a good and frugal day.
Janet Alliesmama