Daily check in June 2, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
lennon05

Re: Daily check in June 2, 2019

Post by lennon05 »

Happy Birthday Clem. My son turned 30 today.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:53 pm Happy birthday, Clem and Penny!

We celebrated DS's birthday Wednesday night with a trip to his favorite burger place. Other than that, we've been homebodies this weekend. I did a strategic shopping trip Saturday to Food City for some store brand canned drinks, to Save a Lot for everything else, and to CVS with coupons that resulted in lots of free bar soap for the bath and two free bottles of shampoo.

At Save a Lot, what used to be a $5 chuck roast is now a $10 chuck roast, but I bought one and made a nice pot roast with carrots, potatoes and sweet Spanish onion. It will make six hearty plates of food. If I want more leftovers, will have to spring for the $15 roast. Even the economy whole chickens are now $8 each.

Like Bev I have noticed that paper products are suddenly quite expensive. Even the "sandpaper on a roll" level of toilet paper costs as much as the good brands right now.
Mackie Happy belated birthday to your DS and to you too since it was a special day for you also..Glad you mentioned sandpaper on a roll. I thought it was just me.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Sorry this is late Clem. Happy Birthday.

I now know that just because I got my sewing machine running properly I can not fix a TV that easily. Guess who will be shopping for a television this week.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/