Daily Check in Sept 3, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 3, 2015

Post by mbrudnic » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:52 am

Hello Folks,
Woke about an hour early again. Not sure why this time.
DS1 and DGS stopped by last night. His bent tire rim is not fixed yet but we need the mini van back for DS2 and friends to take to Rochester tomorrow. So he took my Prius. But Hubby ended up going to DS2's "meet the teacher" night. I worked on cutting material for my quilt.

I will be heading to the office. I will fill the gas tank of the van this evening. No worries about being without a car as Hubby is taking off tomorrow and Saturday we will follow DS2 to Rochester.

Have a great day,
Maggie

jackie26us

Re: Daily Check in Sept 3, 2015

Post by jackie26us » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:12 am

Good Morning,

I did not exercise this morning as I was just feeling really tired. So I tried to sleep in til 5:30. Well I woke up at 5 am. I feel a bit more rested though. I think I'm just going to work 8 hours tomorrow since it's my birthday and we'd like to go out to dinner. Still working the whole weekend with double time on Monday. As of last night I already had 40 hours.

Just showered so I'm feeling more human now lol.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:00 am

I woke up much too early this morning. Allergies again, I am taking our para transit service to Walmart. I need a few things.

I know I will be very tired later today.

I am finally beginning to have more energy. I am glad I waited until today to plan my trip to Walmart.

Penny

dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:01 am

Good morning. DH did not work last night due to weather so he BBQ'ed. Baking got postponed to tonight, my list keeps getting longer as a result (DH needs cookies now.) He is supposed to work tonight.

I sewed and should finish the nightgown this weekend or sooner. Then on to the next project. I want to switch the comforter and sheets in the guest room and wanted a new dust ruffle. I have fabric that will match the quilt I plan to use so that's the current plan. The dust ruffle I brought home from mom's will get turned into quilting fabric instead (it's a nice print just the wrong color.)

I rolled DH's coins last night and also found some previously rolled. Will try to use this when making small purchases. I completed enough surveys for a $10 CVS e-gift card and received shampoo & conditioner samples in the mail.

Have a great frugal day.....

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:57 am

Good morning fellow frugalistas

Bright sunny morning so far. I woke up a bit late with a headache and stuffed sinuses, not going to be a good day if I can't get rid of the headache.

My list is very small today, and I am hoping to get some baking and extra cleaning done. Youngest DS is coming home and I want to get the cookie jar filled and some items ready for his care package.

I will more than likely be heading out to the garden today. I know there will be more tomatoes to pick as well as checking on the size of the eggplant. I bought the wrong type of eggplant so I am not too sure when to pick it. I seem to have gotten a globe shape instead of my usual egg shaped or cylinder shaped. I don't know much about this type and will need to do some research.

Frugality wise the usual will be happening around here. With our holiday coming up I am trying to use up what I can in the fridge. I do know that I will end up buying a bit more as DS is coming home, but I want a relatively empty fridge when we leave. Saving money staying out of stores is one of my biggest money saving learns. I will also be going for a walk this morning before it gets too hot again. Turning of lights where they are not necessary or when we leave the room, since the air conditioning needs to be on steady have to cut electrical power somewhere. I have also been going through the budget to see where we could save a bit more. I might have found a few areas and will speak to Hubby about them.

Supper tonight will be some leftover hame from the freezer. Think I will make it into some type of casserole and cook it in my electric roaster. Need to see if that works cause it would save electrical costs.

Today I am grateful for modern medicine and pills that can take away pretty much any headache.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:19 am

Good morning all,
My granddaughters started back to school today. Our nights are already getting cooler.
Fall is right around the corner!