Daily Check in Sept 3, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
dlrcpa

Re: Daily Check in Sept 3, 2015

Post by dlrcpa »

When you are in a sub-folder (like Chat Room) look for the New Topic* button - under the folder name, above the first post.

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

I appreciate you input Sandi. The one I am looking at is a huge building but this condo is on the first floor and has a overhead patio overlooking a golf course. No sight line of anything green space. That is one of the many factors that appeals to me. I agree with you on some outdoor space. There is also a pool area with grass if I can over come my phobia (fear of being harpooned) to go over there. I just keep thinking about it.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Colonial Girl, would it be possible to go visit the condo that's calling your name? There's nothing like being there in person to help you decide what features are must-haves when choosing a new home.

Things have been jumping around our house this week like bunnies on espresso. DH quit his job Monday. Long story short, what had for 13 years a great place to work had devolved into something like working for an ultra-strict cult. I am totally not kidding about that. So it was not a surprise to me that he packed it in. He's been networking and applying like mad for two days, I've been looking into us buying our own health insurance, and we're tightening the frugal black belt like whoa.

Right now DH is off to a preliminary interview with a recruiter who called him at lunch time. Out of the blue, I also got a call today from the division that's taken over the place where I used to work, and they're making noises about having me come in as a contract/part-time thing to help them out with a project. I would be completely okay with that.

So stuff is happening and we're hoping it's all going to land sunny side up. While we're not in perfect shape for this to be going on -- we do still have a mortgage, but no other debt -- we are going to be all right. After all, I've learned from the best here how to wring a nickel until Jefferson screams for mercy, right? :)
Mackie

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hi all,
31 hours without ants!!!! I am so happy.

Mackey we will for sure go and see it. I looked at another condo in the same building last year so I have a good idea of the type of place it is. Sorry about your hubs situation, but I firmly believe that life is too short to spend it on a job you hate. sending good wishes your way!

I had to go to the doctor. I cannot bear weight on my right foot without a bunch pain. Turns out I have sprained my foot with all the exertion taking care of hubs. So I am on anti inflammatories and ice and elevation. So we are slowly turning into a care facility here, BUT a care facility without ants! Sleep well all.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Ow, your poor foot!

I think that, especially if your house has stairs, it's better to move sooner than later into something you can safely grow old in.

Thanks for the good wishes. I feel certain we're going to be okay and hope we'll soon be looking back and laughing about the whole experience.
Mackie