Daily Check in Sept 3, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check in Sept 3, 2015

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning .... mid 80s already. My side of town had rain the other day ... it stopped 3 blocks from my street!

Anyway ... bit under the weather. Suddenly hit with a headache and upset stomach last night ... still stuffy today.

Otherwise ... picked peppers, tomatoes, eggplant and beans last night. Gave everything a good watering. Jackie ... I ended up planting mini-eggplants, almost like fingerlings. I had to do some research to know when to pick them, too.

Not sure about today's agenda yet ...we'll see how I feel.

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good day all,

HOT and sticky again today, I am all allergied up again today, slight headache but have taken something just need for it to really kick in. Back to not feeling like cooking, let alone eating. In this heat nothing sounds good. Sticking with salad and ? I know a lot of people will be eating out in heat like this, not me .....the thought of having to get ready and go in town is enough for me to come up with something suitable. The fiancé said any kind of sandwich and chips will do for him,
I will stay in and get housework and reading done today. Even my dog doesn't want to go out for any length of time. Watching more and more leaves fall, I hope we have pretty autumn color this year.
We had considered going to a Fall festival this weekend but the weather forecast of hot and muggy may change our plans, its very crowded and in the heat may not be at all enjoyable. We shall see.
Our gas prices are dropping again, seems like a good thing but for people in the industry, will cause problems I'm sure.
Need to pick tomatoes again tonight, let the sauce making begin! Once the tomatoes are done, I will be closing up the cannery and scrubbing the stove again.
Have a great day all,
JCKitty

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Morning frugals!
Up early and sitting at the therapy place. Hubs starts his outpatient therapy today and since he can't drive for 6 weeks, I am his chauffeur. And you know, I have to say now that I am up early, it still sucks. Bruce Springsteen may have be Born to Run, but I was Born to Sleep.

Well the exterminators were out again for the fourth straight week. we are now going to have to have the yard treated for ants as well as the house. I just want to be able to cook in my kitchen. I can stand to cook when I see ants, makes me feel like the food is inhabited. But this last treatment was at noon yesterday and no ants seen since 2:00 pm yesterday. keep you fingers crossed for me.

Today is going to be laundry and paper organization. I have made some real strides on the paper, I filled half of the recycle tote with papers and a full grocery bag with shredding. I am really trying to get rid of things. I keep talking to hubs about whether we should sell and move to a condo. There is a lovely one for sale near my home town and though I love my home and don't want to leave it, I can see the time coming that we will not be able to keep it up. Besides, I don't want to do the things I used to like garden and can, etc. it is just too darn much work. I guess when you get in your 60s and your energy is no longer unlimited, you start discarding activities that you may like, but at not worth the effort they take any longer. Does that make sense?

Well enough of my ramblings. have a great frugal day all.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. Another hot day to look forward to NOT! I am ready for Fall.

Have the day to myself since my caretaker is off today.. She will be here all day tomorrow and we have a full schedule of Drs appointments and errands. I love having my free days. I do have paperwork and cooking to do today. I have pears to cook down and put in the freezer as well as spaghetti sauce to make and freeze. I only have my fridge freezer and it does hamper my abilities to cook ahead but I am saving money on my electric bill and that is more important at the moment. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

[quote="colonialgirl"] I keep talking to hubs about whether we should sell and move to a condo. There is a lovely one for sale near my home town and though I love my home and don't want to leave it, I can see the time coming that we will not be able to keep it up. Besides, I don't want to do the things I used to like garden and can, etc. it is just too darn much work. I guess when you get in your 60s and your energy is no longer unlimited, you start discarding activities that you may like, but at not worth the effort they take any longer. Does that make sense?

I'm not sure if this will be legible in the block...? Here goes, LOL: when I was in my early 20s I lived in a condo that was kind of like a rowhouse. Two story and both stories were devoted to the same address. Kitchen, living, half bath, dining down, bedrooms and a loft that overlooked the living up. The great thing about it that makes it the only kind of condo I would ever consider again is that the LR had a door to a private deck and storage, and off the deck was a little grassy area. Lucked out that it backed to a greenbelt. I don't think I'd mind condo living again in another 20 years, but I don't think I could ever "not" have some private outdoor space. If I'd been inclined at the time i could have even had a few tomatoes in containers back there.

Neighbors weren't bad overall even though one was the program director for the local big rock station, he used to be a little loud coming and going, but he never made a lot of noise while actually in his place.

ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Ot but would someone tell me how to start a new topic?