I need your help — How best to say this

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

I need your help — How best to say this

Post by gaylejackson2 »

As mentioned above I need help. Here’s my story:

I had dd6 in Kindergarten this past school year at one school with dd8 & ds11 in the Elementary our children have Always attended. I want to keep dd8 there, plus put dd6 there too, that’s not my problem.

My problem is in asking people for help. My job is Substitute teaching, and I choose to work at Secondary schools (middle & high schools), but they start 1 hour earlier 4 days/week, also Elem ends 2 hours earlier on Fridays. So I need to find someone who would be willing to let my girls be at their house about 7:10-7:15am, drive them to school at 8:05-8:15am, AND pick them up on Friday to keep the girls at their house until 2:40-3pm. Also I won't be working Every school day, but WILL be working as much as I can, AND picking up my children Monday-Thursday. Yes I’d pay, normal babysitting wages around here are $5-10/hr for 2-4 children depending on ages. I was thinking of offering $250-300/month (about $10/day for Tuesday-Thursday, then $30/Fridays).

So... I want to post a request for help on my church ward & stake Facebook group pages, but I cannot figure out how best to word my request. So I’m asking you all for help, how would you write this request for help?

floridacatlover

Re: I need your help — How best to say this

Post by floridacatlover »

Gayle, I made my living as a writer but I’m not very good writing notices like this but here is an idea. I would do it in bullet points so it is easy for someone to read what you need.

——-
Childcare Help Needed, Fall 2019

I am a substitute teacher and work most days at the local middle and high schools. Because of the difference in school hours, I will need the following assistance this coming school year (starting on xxx) for my two elementary school daughters, ages 6 and 8:

* Care for them each weekday morning for about an hour when I drop them off at your home at 7-7:15 a.m. (They will already have had breakfast.)
* Drive them to xxx Elementary School so that they arrive there by 8:05 a.m.
* On Friday Only, pick up the girls at school at x:xx and watch them until I can pick them up between 2:40 and 3:00 p.m.

Must be caring and conscientious. Local church members preferred.

$75/week

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I can't help you, but maybe you could ask on the FB group page. They would know what is reasonable and probably give you some leads. Explaining your situation as you did here might be a good place to start.

ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Try to find parents at your church who are already taking their kids to that school each day.
ohjodi

ShawnH1964

Post by ShawnH1964 »

Great job Floridacatlover! That is clear and concise.

rinty

Post by rinty »

Gayle I think FCL has nailed it as to how you should go about this. I really DON'T think you should go the casual route and ask someone from church who is taking their own kids. You have a JOB and you need someone who is dependable and has entered into a contract with you not some ad hoc deal with someone who could drop you like a rock any time its inconvienient. (((HugS)))