Daily check in June 9, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in June 9, 2019

Post by clemencia2us »

yes Alliesmama - positive is always better!
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

I got the last big portion of my garden planted, just less than half. I was left with enough room to add two more rows of squash-type vining vegetables but lacked the ca$h or ambition to do it. I also lacked enough newspapers to use as mulch, instead I covered the space with a big lumber tarp, and turned on a sprinkler.

I need to pull out my sprinkler timers, and set sprinklers to water my garden while I’m gone the next 2-1/2 days.

As soon as I post, I’ll be making 2-4 loaves of GF bread, some with go with dh14 for his meals at my brother’s house, while he works there for a month, some to be used by dd6 &I, and 1-2 to stay home in freezer. I made 4 last week, and 1 loaf was rapidly eaten.

Dinner was GF fried chicken, oven fries & corn. I think we did something wrong though, as some of the chicken wasn't cooked. For those of you who Can make good Fried chicken, please tell me how you do it? Step by step?
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Next door neighbor wife is cutting our side yard. They need cash, so they do this for us.

She does a good job.