Daily Check in June 10, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in June 10, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

My ankle/foot is still bothering me. I made sure to wear better shoes today. No long walks today.

Today I have my cert exam and then I need to get fingerprints taken for 2 different clients.

My bike is still in the back of my car. I want to drop it off at the shop. I have a support group meeting tonight, but not sure if I will make it.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in June 10, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning frugal folks,

Take care of that leg, Maggie.

Today is day 3 walking without the wheelchair. I have taken a short walk the last 2 days and today, I intend to increase the distance. I did get a bit of a leg pain backlash last night, but it went away after awhile. I am not sure if it was too much on the leg or not enough.

We finally got rain last night. Not a lot, but things are damp. I worked a bit on the irrigation lines yesterday. Finished the 1/2 inch system at the back porch, first garden and tested it. Also fixed the system on the driveway flower bed.

I really need to do a load of laundry. Hubs shower and bedding change out is a load. But we have 50% rain chances through the week. So it will be interesting to see how things dry on the line. Normally, in the summer. Hang it out early am and dry before afternoon storms. But this isn't a normal summer rain pattern.

Today I am grateful that I can walk again without pain. Have a good day everyone.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good rainy morning ...

We're in for a cooler week, low 70s and 50s at night. So hopefully, won't need the AC ... or at least not much. I have afghans to wash, but they need to dry outside, so perhaps tomorrow.

Made 3 quarts of mulberry jam yesterday, so one thing off my list. Thinking I should make a small batch of applesauce to use up some of the apples in the fridge.
Otherwise, some regular laundry, and need to run out and get eggs.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. Wolf we are having the cooler temps this week too. I wish it would stay like this for the summer but it will eventually get too hot. We have been lucky to have had no rain in my area for several days including today.

I am going to take Teddi to the vet this morning to see if they can give me any answers as to what is going on with him. I am going to have them do a heart worm test and then start him on medicine after we get the results. We are in for a swarm of mosquitoes due to the flooding. His Nana in Texas sent a $40.00 check to help out with the costs. The check will cover the heart-worm test but the rest will have to be squeezed out of the budget. Not easy since there were so many unexpected increases in some of the budgeted areas and I did make some purchases for the house which I think is necessary. I bought a Dyna Trap which is to eliminate bugs around my house and covers a half acre. The flood mosquitoes are not carrying anything that will affect humans but they are carrying heart-worm disease so hopefully it will help Teddi to be safer when he is outside. Also myself when I am doing yard work. They have a larger more expensive one that covers an acre and if it is as effective as the half acre one I will consider getting it next year for the back part of my house. Right now Teddi pretty much stays to the front and side yard. Also the yard where I want to work on weeding is the same area. I have gotten a lot done in the rocked garden area of the front of my house but still have a lot more to do. I am hoping that later on today I can get out there and do more. I will take a lawn chair and take frequent breaks. I can only do 10 min at a time but it eventually things get done.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all!

Much cooler morning today in south texas. We had a "cold" front blow in. Very comfortable

Not sure what i will do today. Should be my usual laundry day, but might change it to Tuesday.

I slept well. Did have some weird dreams. Maybe had to do with developments yesterday about what to do with the family house. Wah

Oh well. The grass was cut yesterday and looks a lot better.

Hope all have a great day
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Busy day today. I don't know why I do this to myself (then again it could be because I want it all done) put the majority of the household tasks on Monday. It used to be they were accomplished in a snap of the fingers. Not so much that way now, especially if I get up late (which I did today).

The sky looks funny, overcast, not much sun, temp in the low 50's so I am wondering if I will be able to use the lines today. Sure hope so as I have a great deal of laundry to do.
Nothing smells as nice as things air dried outside.

Frugally speaking this will be a no spend day. Just too busy trying to get things done around here to travel to someplace where a person could actually spend cash.

Frugal measures for today are doing the laundry in the most frugal way possible. Hopefully line drying most if not all.

Using up those big containers of cleaners still, but looking forward to being able to make a few of my own.

All meals made here at home out of what is on hand in cupboard, freezer, and fridge. I am hoping to only have to purchase dairy, pet supplies, OTC meds, and some fresh produce this week.

Working on projects that use up some of my stash. Really I do have way too much to even think of purchasing any more, I need to use what I have first.

I also need to make some bread today. Pretty much finished the loaf I made a couple of days ago.

So there you all see, I pretty much have my day planned out. With the addition of a few texts, and perhaps a trip to the church to pick out a shawl (someone asked about them and started crying so I am going to pick one out for her if no one has given her one as of yet).

Then there is our satellite TV. We are having fun with the signal. So today at some point I will be helping Hubby hopefully improve that by calling out while he moves the dish around outside. Got to love a Hubby that will pick the busiest day of the week to need help of some sort.

Supper this evening is soup and sandwiches, so I definitely need to get that loaf of bread started.

Today I am grateful for the sun that is starting to peak through the clouds.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/