Daily Check-in June 14, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in June 14, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:31 pm Took Teddi to the Vet this afternoon. Mid morning he came to me and wanted me to pick him up. He was shaking all over.. I petted him for a while and then put a T-shirt on him which seemed to help. Of course at the Vet's office he was shaking but that was out of fear. As we left the Vet's office he suddenly squatted down in the parking lot and passed runny mucus. Then in the car on the way home he threw up a lot. He had not eaten since yesterday evening. The Vet will call me tomorrow with his test results and I will tell her what has happened and see if he needs to come back in. I hope it is something that can be corrected with medication. Poor little guy.
Oh my goodness, Janet, that is scary. Poor Teddi. Did the vet say anything about what to feed him to settle his stomach? How about rice? Maybe chicken broth to start. I tried to google his symptoms but it is hard to know. Maybe you should call the vet?
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:38 pm Janet, If the vet is still in...maybe you should call now and let them know what happened with Teddi. Just more info for them.
I thought of that but at the same time he just saw her a few days ago. He does not seem to be distressed right now. Sometimes after they throw up they get better. I will keep an eye on him that is for sure and if he seems to be getting worse I will take him in to their emergency care. Right now he is getting up and following me around and sleeping when I do sit down.In fact right now he is grooming himself so that seems like a good sign. Thanks for your concern.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:41 pm Oh my goodness, Janet, that is scary. Poor Teddi. Did the vet say anything about what to feed him to settle his stomach? How about rice? Maybe chicken broth to start. I tried to google his symptoms but it is hard to know. Maybe you should call the vet?
In the past when I had a sick pup the vet said it is ok for them to go 24 hours without eating and as long as they drink water it is ok. Even on a good day I have tried chicken broth with Teddi and he will not drink it. He may eat some rice later on.. I have tried it when he was sick before and sometimes he eats it and sometimes not. I will keep a close watch on him the rest of the night and if he seems to be in pain or throwing up or having more severe bowel problems I will take him to their emergency care. Thanks for your concern.
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

I'm struggling to stay awake today, not sure why I didn't sleep well last night, but I dozed rather than sleeping deeply. I napped on the couch for about an hour.

Today is my oldest Dbro & his wife's wedding Anniversary, 40 years!! ;) I was 4 when they married.

I spent the early part of the week in my hometown with my older 2 brothers, and with my stepMom at her house (about 40 miles away). I came home to the last of the baseball games (hurray no more freezing in the wind & rain) on Wednesday and Thursday nights, and to find that Hurley-the-dog was gravely ill. I have been doing LOTS of dribbling unflavored Pedialyte & chicken broth down his throat 10ml at a time, or putting a few ice chips in his mouth. However, I think he's on the mend now.... he's been showing some of his old bounce as he walks, and he's pulling towards the cats when we take him outside. He's not eating, but perhaps he just needs to continue to sleep and I'll continue to dribble broth & pedialyte in his mouth.

I went with Dh to the Dr yesterday. He's been struggling with thrush, got it from the antibiotics given him for his UTI's & pneumonia in early May; so the Dr told him to basically eat a Candida diet for a month. I envision our food bill climbing for the next 4 weeks, but we will all be better for eating more veg.

So tonight's dinner will be Chicken & Veg stirfry with corn chips for everyone else. I need to get going on washing & chopping veggies.

I need to plant 4 more rows of corn, then my garden will be OFFICIALLY all planted. I'm excited to see a few corn and bean plans popping up, and I'm praying that ALL of my corn & beans come up! Actually I've been praying that ALL of my veg plants grow & produce mightily well!

I need to get better at my part of the garden, and Pull Weeds! I'm determined to buy the heavy ground cover fabric that UBAOG sells for weed control in our county next year. My friend uses it, and says she only gets a few weeds around the edges, and next to the plants in the holes she makes.

We got some afternoon rain today, same thing yesterday. My weather app yesterday showed rain for next week; today it shows rain for today, then again starting Monday. I suppose we'll see when it comes.

Today I'm thankful for dog appearing to feel better, and for my little nap.

ETA: I just posted a zucchini crust Pizza recipe in the Recipe folder... its the Low Carb Keto Zucchini Pizza.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:31 pm Took Teddi to the Vet this afternoon. Mid morning he came to me and wanted me to pick him up. He was shaking all over.. I petted him for a while and then put a T-shirt on him which seemed to help. Of course at the Vet's office he was shaking but that was out of fear. As we left the Vet's office he suddenly squatted down in the parking lot and passed runny mucus. Then in the car on the way home he threw up a lot. He had not eaten since yesterday evening. The Vet will call me tomorrow with his test results and I will tell her what has happened and see if he needs to come back in. I hope it is something that can be corrected with medication. Poor little guy.
Oh poor Teddi. I hope he will be well again soon. I hope the bill won't be too expensive.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

evening update:

Cooked on the grill...first time ever using it. I use real charcoaled wood pieces not briquettes and holy moly was the food ever good. I made 6 burgers, 2 chicken breast and 6 cheddar sausage dogs. I figured if I had the thing going I might as well cook ahead for lunches.
I think next week I will buy a half pork butt roast and smoke/grill it for pulled pork and etc. My mom and dad never grilled, they didn't like the taste but I love it.

I made my ramen noodle salad and seriously think I could founder myself on the stuff, LOl.

So the fridge is stuffed with salads and food. Hopefully sometime this week I can start defrosting and cleaning the deep freezers. I hope to have them done before time to start adding produce.
I also have potatoes that need used up, I used so many feeding my dad and now have too many. I used to make and freeze mashed potatoes "ala LittleMiss" and that worked well, think I will do it again.
Wind is really picking up, better get the rugs off the lines.

JCKitty