Daily Check-in June 14, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in June 14, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:12 am Good morning all.

Janet, 2.5 hours of sleep is not enough. Hope you can take a nap today. I can’t remember how old Teddi is but I don’t think he is very old and I’m sorry he still is not himself. Does your vet have a payment plan for Teddi’s visits?

Yesterday I was able to do a good amount of trimming in the front of mom’s house because it was overcast. Not exactly cool but it was comfortable as I trimmed one ixora and completed trimming the one I had started a few days ago. Picked up the branches/clumps of leaves again that had blown into the yard from next door and I also trimmed the ligustrun which didn’t need much work.

I stopped at HD and decided to buy pink vinca instead of another blue salvia. I’ll plant those this morning and then clean out the leaves from under a small hedge in front of my house.

Nothing very great on sale at Aldi this week but they do have .99 strawberries so I’ll pick up some if they look good when I stop to buy my soy milk. First will be a stop at Dollar Tree to buy a baby card for my dentist who had her first child, a girl, five weeks early. I’m hoping I can buy a single bottle of water at DT because it will be cheaper than buying it at the ballpark tomorrow. They require the bottle be unopened if you carry it from outside the ballpark.

Have a good day.
Florida cat I wish I could take a nap but it just takes the edge off of getting any kind of sleep at night.

I wish I could plant flowers and other things that you plant where you live.. It always sounds so lovely with all of the things you plant and take care of at your DM's house and yours.
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m home from my errands.

Kitty, I did not get to Aldi today and will try again on Sunday.

I got my pink vinca planted and then cleaned out under the hedge. I have more empty pots but probably won’t fill them until I get back from my Canada trip.

I went to DT for a baby card. I am very impressed with the Hallmark cards at DT. A week ago when I bought the birthday card for my neighbor I bought a $1 card. But today I found so many cute baby cards in the 2/$1 section. I don’t think they want you to buy just one of those cards so I bought a get well card to have on hand. Again a really nice selection of the 2/$1 get well cards. Getting back in my car, I found .55 on the ground. I always pick up pennies but rarely find quarters and nickels.

Then I stopped by two thrift stores, Salvation Army and another one I think might be a for-profit store. I wanted to see if by chance I could find a top/t-shirt with the logo of the ball team I’ll see tomorrow, the Tampa Bay Rays. No luck. There were a few but all were either in poor condition, too specialized (Beat Philly) or much to large. So I’ll just wear my own clothes in the team colors. I DID enjoy looking in the stores, however. The first store is one mom and I used to go to a lot to look for clothes for my uncle. Then it changed hands and is now, I think, for profit. They had a big selection (but a good amount was in poor condition) and I enjoyed browsing.

Finally to mom’s house to put the trash can back in the garage. There was almost nothing in the rain gauge so I watered almost everything really well.

Tomorrow would have been mom’s 95th birthday. I am glad I’m going to the ballgame so I don’t have time to dwell on my thoughts. I know mom would want me to go.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:05 pm I’m home from my errands.

Kitty, I did not get to Aldi today and will try again on Sunday.

I got my pink vinca planted and then cleaned out under the hedge. I have more empty pots but probably won’t fill them until I get back from my Canada trip.

I went to DT for a baby card. I am very impressed with the Hallmark cards at DT. A week ago when I bought the birthday card for my neighbor I bought a $1 card. But today I found so many cute baby cards in the 2/$1 section. I don’t think they want you to buy just one of those cards so I bought a get well card to have on hand. Again a really nice selection of the 2/$1 get well cards. Getting back in my car, I found .55 on the ground. I always pick up pennies but rarely find quarters and nickels.

Then I stopped by two thrift stores, Salvation Army and another one I think might be a for-profit store. I wanted to see if by chance I could find a top/t-shirt with the logo of the ball team I’ll see tomorrow, the Tampa Bay Rays. No luck. There were a few but all were either in poor condition, too specialized (Beat Philly) or much to large. So I’ll just wear my own clothes in the team colors. I DID enjoy looking in the stores, however. The first store is one mom and I used to go to a lot to look for clothes for my uncle. Then it changed hands and is now, I think, for profit. They had a big selection (but a good amount was in poor condition) and I enjoyed browsing.

Finally to mom’s house to put the trash can back in the garage. There was almost nothing in the rain gauge so I watered almost everything really well.

Tomorrow would have been mom’s 95th birthday. I am glad I’m going to the ballgame so I don’t have time to dwell on my thoughts. I know mom would want me to go.
Florida Cat. Happy Birthday tomorrow to your Mom in Heaven. Will say it today so as to not make you think more about it tomorrow.. ((hug)).

I have bought only one card at Dollar Tree and it was not a problem. Not sure if all of them are the same way.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Took Teddi to the Vet this afternoon. Mid morning he came to me and wanted me to pick him up. He was shaking all over.. I petted him for a while and then put a T-shirt on him which seemed to help. Of course at the Vet's office he was shaking but that was out of fear. As we left the Vet's office he suddenly squatted down in the parking lot and passed runny mucus. Then in the car on the way home he threw up a lot. He had not eaten since yesterday evening. The Vet will call me tomorrow with his test results and I will tell her what has happened and see if he needs to come back in. I hope it is something that can be corrected with medication. Poor little guy.
Janet Alliesmama
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:36 pm St. Louis and surrounding areas of people have been going nuts since the team got this far.. They were the worst team in their league and then they stated to get better. Only took them 49 years to get the Stanley cup..I use to go to the occasional game when I was still working. The nice thing is they have being giving support to a little girl named Layla ( not sure if I spelled her name correctly) Anyway the team was visiting the hospital where she was receiving treatment and even though they were at the bottom she told the players they were her favorite team. For some reason one of the players and she became friends.. They said as she improved so did the team and I think she became an unofficial mascot. They even flew her and her mother to Boston for their game. When they won she was brought down on the ice to enjoy the activity and to kiss the Stanley cup. I thought yikes about that since she has had a bone marrow transplant. Hope she does not pick up any kind of germs in the environment but her Dr did give his approval for her to go. Anyway sweet that they included her in their biggest moment in sports history.
Janet, Thanks for sharing that!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:31 pm Took Teddi to the Vet this afternoon. Mid morning he came to me and wanted me to pick him up. He was shaking all over.. I petted him for a while and then put a T-shirt on him which seemed to help. Of course at the Vet's office he was shaking but that was out of fear. As we left the Vet's office he suddenly squatted down in the parking lot and passed runny mucus. Then in the car on the way home he threw up a lot. He had not eaten since yesterday evening. The Vet will call me tomorrow with his test results and I will tell her what has happened and see if he needs to come back in. I hope it is something that can be corrected with medication. Poor little guy.
Janet, If the vet is still in...maybe you should call now and let them know what happened with Teddi. Just more info for them.