Daily Check-in June 14, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in June 14, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:57 am Raptors won!
#WeTheNorth

I consider myself an honorary Canadian.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

I didn't get to watch the whole game ... but man, that was quite a battle!

(and congrats to folks in St. Louis for the Blues' Stanley Cup win in hockey, too!)
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I saw that the Raptors won too.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:57 am Raptors won!
Isn't it awesome.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I was up early also, just could not sleep any longer. Chickens taken care of and recyclables loaded and taken to the depot. Then to get an oil change in my SUV and then grocery shopping.
It is all put away and next up is making my broccoli slaw/ramen noodle salad. I will not dress it until ready to serve. But the dressing has to cool completely so will do it ahead of time. Along with toasting the almonds, ramen noodles and sesame seeds.

One load of laundry done and hung on the lines outside to dry.
I need to go out and pick up the cuttings of brush from Wednesday and do some more work in the garage.
The fiancé will be making a trip to the landfill and I have some things that can't be recycled so will go with him to the dump. I recycle everything I can but what can I do?

I need to run the duster around the floors at some point and clean up my cooking mess when it is all done.
Salads and burgers on the grill for supper tonight.
FloridaCat, I got some strawberries at Aldi's they were limiting customers to 2 package because they aren't getting a lot. The weather has wrecked havoc on the strawberry crops according to the store manager.
Off to get started again,
have a lovely afternoon all.
Owned...still praying.

JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:19 am I didn't get to watch the whole game ... but man, that was quite a battle!

(and congrats to folks in St. Louis for the Blues' Stanley Cup win in hockey, too!)
St. Louis and surrounding areas of people have been going nuts since the team got this far.. They were the worst team in their league and then they stated to get better. Only took them 49 years to get the Stanley cup..I use to go to the occasional game when I was still working. The nice thing is they have being giving support to a little girl named Layla ( not sure if I spelled her name correctly) Anyway the team was visiting the hospital where she was receiving treatment and even though they were at the bottom she told the players they were her favorite team. For some reason one of the players and she became friends.. They said as she improved so did the team and I think she became an unofficial mascot. They even flew her and her mother to Boston for their game. When they won she was brought down on the ice to enjoy the activity and to kiss the Stanley cup. I thought yikes about that since she has had a bone marrow transplant. Hope she does not pick up any kind of germs in the environment but her Dr did give his approval for her to go. Anyway sweet that they included her in their biggest moment in sports history.
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama