house heater and A/C

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

house heater and A/C

Post by icfrugal1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:29 pm

So, please don't tell me that we are paying too much~ok??? :D

Our house is 38 years old and we have the orig heater, and it is working.

But DH is so unhappy with the heat and cold.

We do have 3 window A/C, but I'm sure that they are costing us a fortune in energy costs.

So, we are going though Costco and we will be getting a 15% Costco card back and of course 2% back.

So, it's $14,000 for the new heater and A/C

It will be installed before the end of July 2019.

I really hope that DH will be happier and that our bills will go down.

The upside is that I thought that all of the house would have to be looked at so I've been cleaning , he didn't have to look at anything, but in the next week or so someone is going to coming over to look at everything,

The other cool thing is that since I have been de-cluttering it is only cleaning for the most part not moving stuff from here to there.

Not done with the de-cluttering yet, but on my way !!!

IC :D

lennon05

Re: house heater and A/C

Post by lennon05 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:13 pm

We live in the South. My friend just had a heat pump installed. His house is a little under 1500 sq ft. He paid about 7k. This included a new Thermostat and some new duct work in some areas. They also reinstalled one of the registers. His unit was three and a half tons. His power bill has gone down about 50 dollars a month. He had an older model heat pump that had to be repaired about two times a year.

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:59 pm

WOW.

In 2015 I put a new high-efficiency Trane system and all new ducting (the house was built in 1979) in for $7200. In Northeastern Oklahoma.

How many bids did you get?

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:06 pm

I was going to install the new AC side of the system this year. I figured it would be about 5K. The heat part is still good and the ducting isn't that old.

It isn't working now and we have someone coming out to check it this weekend.

Honestly, i am doing fine with just fans. But the COD is not. So i told him to take care of it. LOL.

Hey i paid to have a new shower and tub installed last month.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:16 pm

i don't think you are paying too much.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:49 pm

After adding up all our bills from our furnace and air conditioning we probably spent close to the same amount. The only reason we are slightly lower is because Hubby cut the new vent holes as well as 2 cold air returns.