Daily check in June 22, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily check in June 22, 2019

Post by rinty »

Trouble is, guys , whether we decide to watch the news or not.........the world leaders today are neither stable nor intelligent.....

So, plastered smile on face for the DDs. Both had nothing but positive news of their lives and jobs. THANK HEAVEN.Oldest DD has been promoted and is going on a business trip to South Africa, I'm proud of my kids, they are achievers.

Poor DS however, drew the short straw there.

ANYWAY , the afternoon tea was very, very nice. A large selection of beautifully prepared food alongside an appealing dim waitress who provided us with some light relief. Grateful to both DDs. Also saw 4 DGDs. I'm sure they have destroyed Bedroom 2/aka Where I Keep The Toys............but I can't be bothered to check.

This mornings post brought a grammatically incorrect letter from Housing asking me to provide details I don't have ( cos they are THE OTHER RESIDENTS DETAILS ) You could not make up the level of stupidity. It has been suggested I visit them in person.

I honestly would not trust myself to do so as they make me so angry.

It has made me question next years work though.

These imbeciles cause me enough work to roughly equate a part time job each month. Not cos that is necessary its because they are morons...............fact.

So...........given that the stress increases as I have to take time off work to deal with these idiots, should I perhaps work part time myself enabling me to rock up at their offices/phone them in the early afternoon.

I LIKE work, I LIKE to be " involved ", solve problems, go the extra mile.

HOWEVER, its been 5 years, there is NO SIGN this will ever improve and I am stuck with it so I should go t work and announce I want a minor role.

Unsure.

I can think," But I don't want to", or "This is unfair !" all I like but I can change NOTHING.

There is no chance of a social worker and even though past experience has meant we have had many who have been as much use as a chocolate teapot............they ARE useful when dealing with other agencys. " Take this up with my son's social worker, etc etc " It sends a message that your son IS severe enough to require a social worker and that is a useful shortcut.

So, today I have done nothing regarding this other than breathe heavily. Tomorrow I drive over and it all begins again. I may scream as I drive.......yes, I think that might be quite therapeutic. I COULD do it in front of DH but as he is also at the end of his tether , perhaps not.

I sincerely hope I do not see a carer performing POOR care on my son as I would Raise Cain right now.

NO dinner, don't need any. DH had a BBQ with DGDs so he is fine.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily check in June 22, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello all,

Very late checking in. Was cold & rainy today.

I washed laundry, weeded garden, slept in a little, read a little, went back to grocery store for the few things I forgot to get yesterday (two are needed for Sunday dinner), and cooked dinner. Was really a lazy-ish type of day.