Daily check in June 29, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily check in June 29, 2019

Post by floridacatlover » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:30 am

Good morning all.

We had a heavy rain early last evening and there is a 70% chance of rain today. Still hot but not as bad as last week. Paris heat this week OMG! At least our weather isn’t that bad yet.

So I mentioned a few days ago I paid a $236 lab bill after giving up on the mis-coding with the lab and insurance company. Wouldn’t you know that yesterday I got an email with an “adjusted” bill taking off $219! But of course now that I paid the full bill I wonder if I’ll ever get the money back. At our girls dinner this week we were talking about medical bill errors. One friend has had similar coding mistakes at the same lab. She is on Medicare. Another friend said her DH also on Medicare paid an incorrect bill (not sure if this was a doctor visit or lab or something else) and has had trouble getting a refund! Sheesh!

I plan to spend today getting ready for my trip which is a bit over a week away. I want to consolidate some genealogy info on my NB great-grandmother’s family so I’ll have it with me. Also I have printed travel guides from NB and PEI to read. I haven’t really looked at the PEI one.

Have a good day.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:02 am

Good morning ...
Expecting a sunny day in the 90s .... no real rain in the forecast for us.

Had a good day thrifting yesterday. Found a pair of jeans for DH. Not sure he's realized it yet ... he just noticed the new sweeper :) Found something I may put on eBay, if it doesn't sell, no problem, I'll keep it. Also found a basket that will go with the decor in my hall bathroom. Needs to be cleaned and a small repair made.

Today, back to tackling windows/ curtains and some Saturday chores. May pop over to JoAnn's later today ... I want to price some material and see if they have the drapery hooks I need. Never did find any more in the house (though I suppose if I buy more, they will come out of hiding.)

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:06 am

Good morning,
Oh what a week it has been! I ended up doing yard duty on Tuesday for a friend of mine. Then staying close to home. A young police officer was gunned down in the line of duty almost 2 weeks ago so there have been a lot of processions, vigils, etc. The mortuary she was kept was about 3 blocks from my house so we had police officers stationed there 24/7 until the funeral. The streets here have been decorated in blue ribbons and looks so nice. Now that it's over they will be taking everything down on Tuesday.

Yesterday I hosted our monthly poker game at my house and we had lots of fun. I ate too much junk food. Today I will stay home getting things done around here. Tomorrow I go for a wine release party with a friend. Then home to stay cool in this hot weather. We usually don't get rain in the summer just endless days of 90+ degree weather so I hole up indoors.

Schools are now closed until mid July. Then the year rounds start back up. The traditional and modified traditional will start back up mid August. There will be plenty of work to do.

Well off to get some breakfast. Have a good one!

Bev

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:55 am

Good Morning all,

DS2 just called from Costco. He did not net my message that I did not renew my Costco membership, of which he had the second card. He was not happy with me. Yesterday I was at Mom and Dad's, helping to move/spread their bulk load of mulch when DS2 called. He asked if I wanted to go to the Outlet Mall with him. He understood I was busy. I put it on speaker and when I hung up, Mom and Dad' laughed and said "he was hoping you'd come and pay for the pants and shorts he wanted to look for.

This afternoon/evening is my Aunt's retirement party.

Ohio is also adding a gas tax of 10 cents per gallon as of the first. Janet has a good idea to fill up this weekend.

Have a great day,
Maggie

2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:38 pm

Hello All. HOT again today and so humid. We are under a severe thunderstorm watch but that won't bother me. That is NOT a complaint - I prefer this over the terrible cold of winter. Had a hard time getting going this morning but finally got dishes and laundry done and came to the library to submit my time sheet for job #2 - that has to be submitted online.

Will be making soup today to use up some things so they don't go to waste. Before I leave the library I have to pick up 3 movies and a book that I reserved from our "library system" - a network of about 20 libraries that we can borrow from and they get delivered here - so nice! I keep forgetting to remember that there is no need for movies from Redbox (unless they're free with a code) because I can borrow tons that way.

Well, just wanted to check in quickly. Want to go read some of your posts. Hope you are all well.

rinty

Post by rinty » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:54 pm

You can tell when Jackie is away, we get all the crud posts by loons. You can see all she does, thanks Jackie !

Not a good week all told. Lots of DS flak...........he attacked someone ( a carer) when he was being taken out. I can't explain it all obviously but there is a lot of fall out.

He is having a very good weekend this weekend, very good care.

I am still doing extra hours who feel they are overburdened ( side eye. eye roll, why do I do this ) Three more weeks of school but I have had it.

I am aware if I trotted into a doctors office and said I am stressed by this ( and gave them a breakdown of it all and how it has impacted on me ( stuff I don't ever share with you guys ) he would sign me off PRONTO. So PRONTO MY HEAD WOULD SPIN, frankly.

We'll see by September.

Its very hot here in the mid 90s which is very unusual. WE had the two youngest DGDs here. DH thought it would help and it has. They were lovley and have gone off home happy and adorable. DD is coming tomorrow, she is just back from south Africa on a business trip so that will be interesting to hear. She will also be training me on her birthday gift to me, an Iphone8 (!!!) At present I have a very basic phone.

I have spoken to and fire doff endless emails etc this week re the benefit debacle. Honestly , I do not a give a %$£ what they decide as if they do it wrong I will raise cain and get it changed............Anyway , I am far more invested in DS and his feelings rather than if someone bleeds the state for more cash re his care.

What EVER. I had intended driving over today but someone else is doing that. I'll go tomorrow. DD won't be here til afternoon and I'll be back by then. WE will roast a leg of lamb on the rotisserie outside and serve it with DH homegroew potatoes and his peas and beans. Dessert will be brownies and ice cream.I can't spell I am too irritable.

It was my birthday this week and I had the nicest gifts, all very thoughtful. Three from friends were all alcohol based so I am set for Re-Gifting. Some Mormons make a song and dance when this happens which I think is very bad manners..............people are making a nice gesture. Back in the 1970s there was an article in the church magazine advising members to observe the word of wisdom POLITELY. We need that updated and passed around again !

Well thanks for letting me whine, saves me inflicting it on the family.

Expenses this week, one school lunch, a tank of petrol, some pop socks and bodywash. Finally used up all the Christmas present stuff, Mulledwine bodywash smells HORRIBLE, its like being coated in cinnamon.

Last week spent less than £3 and got 7 loaves of bread, muffins, a stir fry mix of veg and a large punnet of strawberries as Yellow stickers.