Daily check in June 29, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily check in June 29, 2019

Post by littlemiss63 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:16 pm

Happy Birthday Rinty, hope you day is blessed.

Raining here and I just went to a Sunday School social with friends. I'm exhausted since I got up early to to take care of a renters issue. She's been without a washer for at least a year and she bought one yesterday and when they hooked up the hose to the drain, water started spraying out like the something at YellowStone park had erupted. Plumber got over there and it's near the kitchen and the drains connect. He said you need to tell her to stop pouring grease into her pipes. You know that will go over like a lead balloon.

Everyone have a great evening.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:24 am

rinty wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:54 pm
You can tell when Jackie is away, we get all the crud posts by loons. You can see all she does, thanks Jackie !

Not a good week all told. Lots of DS flak...........he attacked someone ( a carer) when he was being taken out. I can't explain it all obviously but there is a lot of fall out.

He is having a very good weekend this weekend, very good care.

I am still doing extra hours who feel they are overburdened ( side eye. eye roll, why do I do this ) Three more weeks of school but I have had it.

I am aware if I trotted into a doctors office and said I am stressed by this ( and gave them a breakdown of it all and how it has impacted on me ( stuff I don't ever share with you guys ) he would sign me off PRONTO. So PRONTO MY HEAD WOULD SPIN, frankly.

We'll see by September.

Its very hot here in the mid 90s which is very unusual. WE had the two youngest DGDs here. DH thought it would help and it has. They were lovley and have gone off home happy and adorable. DD is coming tomorrow, she is just back from south Africa on a business trip so that will be interesting to hear. She will also be training me on her birthday gift to me, an Iphone8 (!!!) At present I have a very basic phone.

I have spoken to and fire doff endless emails etc this week re the benefit debacle. Honestly , I do not a give a %$£ what they decide as if they do it wrong I will raise cain and get it changed............Anyway , I am far more invested in DS and his feelings rather than if someone bleeds the state for more cash re his care.

What EVER. I had intended driving over today but someone else is doing that. I'll go tomorrow. DD won't be here til afternoon and I'll be back by then. WE will roast a leg of lamb on the rotisserie outside and serve it with DH homegroew potatoes and his peas and beans. Dessert will be brownies and ice cream.I can't spell I am too irritable.

It was my birthday this week and I had the nicest gifts, all very thoughtful. Three from friends were all alcohol based so I am set for Re-Gifting. Some Mormons make a song and dance when this happens which I think is very bad manners..............people are making a nice gesture. Back in the 1970s there was an article in the church magazine advising members to observe the word of wisdom POLITELY. We need that updated and passed around again !

Well thanks for letting me whine, saves me inflicting it on the family.

Expenses this week, one school lunch, a tank of petrol, some pop socks and bodywash. Finally used up all the Christmas present stuff, Mulledwine bodywash smells HORRIBLE, its like being coated in cinnamon.

Last week spent less than £3 and got 7 loaves of bread, muffins, a stir fry mix of veg and a large punnet of strawberries as Yellow stickers.
Rinty,

I think your Tom is Blessed to have you as his Mum with all you do for him. ((HUGS))

I agree, that article does need to be reposted in Church magazines. There are far too many snooty Mormons with their noses in the air for my taste, Yes people POLITENESS is Still in fashion!!

Happy Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your iPhone 8, dh bought me one on the Vhristmas before last. I learn new things about it still.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:22 am

Happy birthday Rinty.

frugalmom

Post by frugalmom » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:03 pm

rinty wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:54 pm
You can tell when Jackie is away, we get all the crud posts by loons. You can see all she does, thanks Jackie !

Not a good week all told. Lots of DS flak...........he attacked someone ( a carer) when he was being taken out. I can't explain it all obviously but there is a lot of fall out.

He is having a very good weekend this weekend, very good care.

I am still doing extra hours who feel they are overburdened ( side eye. eye roll, why do I do this ) Three more weeks of school but I have had it.

I am aware if I trotted into a doctors office and said I am stressed by this ( and gave them a breakdown of it all and how it has impacted on me ( stuff I don't ever share with you guys ) he would sign me off PRONTO. So PRONTO MY HEAD WOULD SPIN, frankly.

We'll see by September.

Its very hot here in the mid 90s which is very unusual. WE had the two youngest DGDs here. DH thought it would help and it has. They were lovley and have gone off home happy and adorable. DD is coming tomorrow, she is just back from south Africa on a business trip so that will be interesting to hear. She will also be training me on her birthday gift to me, an Iphone8 (!!!) At present I have a very basic phone.

I have spoken to and fire doff endless emails etc this week re the benefit debacle. Honestly , I do not a give a %$£ what they decide as if they do it wrong I will raise cain and get it changed............Anyway , I am far more invested in DS and his feelings rather than if someone bleeds the state for more cash re his care.

What EVER. I had intended driving over today but someone else is doing that. I'll go tomorrow. DD won't be here til afternoon and I'll be back by then. WE will roast a leg of lamb on the rotisserie outside and serve it with DH homegroew potatoes and his peas and beans. Dessert will be brownies and ice cream.I can't spell I am too irritable.

It was my birthday this week and I had the nicest gifts, all very thoughtful. Three from friends were all alcohol based so I am set for Re-Gifting. Some Mormons make a song and dance when this happens which I think is very bad manners..............people are making a nice gesture. Back in the 1970s there was an article in the church magazine advising members to observe the word of wisdom POLITELY. We need that updated and passed around again !

Well thanks for letting me whine, saves me inflicting it on the family.

Expenses this week, one school lunch, a tank of petrol, some pop socks and bodywash. Finally used up all the Christmas present stuff, Mulledwine bodywash smells HORRIBLE, its like being coated in cinnamon.

Last week spent less than £3 and got 7 loaves of bread, muffins, a stir fry mix of veg and a large punnet of strawberries as Yellow stickers.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Rinty!!! :D

frugalmom

Post by frugalmom » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:17 pm

My husband's bday is today-still one year shy of getting the senior citizen's discount lol at the basketball tournament! Darn! It is getting expensive these days 10.00 for each person's entry(seniors 5.00) and some places they even charge for parking 5-10.00! And usually I park outside and walk in, but it is like a bad area so you risk your car getting broken into as well-sheesh!

They lost yesterday-most of that team knows Preston bc near our area and he is well known for his basketball plus some are teammates from another two teams he plays. So they had two to three people guarding him bc he is known to be a shooter-lol! It was neck to neck and we were down players (we only had three original and others came from younger teams to help us out). There was a fight that broke out before our game and this one big boy looked like he was out to get this puny skinny guy! My dh jumped in to stop the guy and he is not as strong as he used to be and the young guy pushed him aside. It happened so fast like are you crazy I am telling him all he needs is to get hurt again or another concussion-sheesh! I even jumped up to protect dh just in case-but like what use am I these days with my back. Heck in my younger days I probably could jump on the guy's back bc my philosophy is if I am going down, you are going down with me-lol! But I will not give up fighting to the end-Idk where I got that from, but even in the fifth or third grade when the guy jumped me, that is what I thought as I was on the ground! And I was always throughout my years protecting the victims from bullies.