Daily check in June 30, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check in June 30, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

frugalmom wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:11 am Idk how they are doing bc I did not get their name even! I did say a few prayers for them so hopefully, my prayers worked! It has been a long time since something happened right in front of us! Before wherever we would go esp on vacations,something would happen weird like that and always had to get out and help or save them! It is our natural reaction-think of most people I would hope! I remember laughing and telling someone this as we were driving to go waterskiing and as soon as I told her that a big Cadillac Escalade spinned around on this two lane road and landed right before our car-YIKES! I said, SEEEEEE, I told you!!!

Even in a boat, we found stranded people all the time!!! One couple,was in the water screaming and flagging us down and the Sheriff in the boat passes them by! Like what!? Apparently they do not tow boats or help out they said-like what are they there for just to give us tickets!? Sheesh! And her boat was wedged next to rocks so our boat took a few dings but we couldn't leave them stranded like the sheriff did! Idk if what he said was true though-Idk if they were a lesbian couple or something if that was maybe the reason?! Years later we saw them again, I did not notice them but they said HI to us and asked if we remembered them and they were very nice and grateful. We owned the boat outright, and we took the dings, we did not ask them to pay for the damages or anything.

Another was a group of people stranded on the rocks they had hiked from the parking lot area and Idk how they ended up there. I remember my first few kids were very young and I remember my son got out too but then I saw rattlesnakes and heard the rattle. It was just under a shady rock area and I did not want to tell my little boy or he will want to look and maybe panic and did not want to risk that. So I calmly took him back to the boat. One of the couples there were elderly too that they really should not have been hiking on rocks like that. We got them to our boat and took them back to where they parked which was pretty far!

And we always get accidents that happen right in front of us(thank goodness not boat accidents though-those would be bad) and nothing really bad thank goodness-they all survived or were dazed. I always say a prayer and do the sign of the cross when I get on the scene(or whenever an ambulance passes us by)! Like GOD HELP them...and ME to help them! Only one guy did actually die I think, but I could not help him at all bc at first I was driving down this steep hill and I guess he was going so fast and went off the road. At first I thought is there a road to the side there?! Then I saw others stop,the guy flew off the road and it is like a big dip like I guess you would call a canyon! It was like an old farmer's truck-old kind. So no one could help him. But that was the only one that may not have survived-there was nothing we could do to get down there and Idk how they got to him?

Recently we had many young teens die in various car accidents-too many and it hits home bc they go to our local schools or are related o my son's teammate or friends. One friend/teammate was related as a cousin to two of the girls who died. Each were like friends with a sibling in the car and it was raining and slick. They were going fast and hit a tree-it is a straight road. I saw the accident scene with the cars wrecked,but they had taken the girls away already-it was soooo sad. I remember crying even. We went to the vigil to pray and our moms in prayer group went to the schools they attended and prayed and found students who were wondering what the group was doing and joined us in prayer(as well as a counselor). We met family members and prayed with them too. And my dd's study buddy died her first year at college which struck her hard-they were hs classmates too. It is a dangerous road they drive to college which makes me nervous. One girl we know about,was just about to graduate from that same college and died on her way back home. Hate that road.

Looks like that is one of your purposes in life to be there and to help others. Thanks for doing the right thing.
Janet Alliesmama
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:48 am Looks like that is one of your purposes in life to be there and to help others. Thanks for doing the right thing.
Awww,thank you! That is an enlightening thought bc I always am questioning what is my purpose!? I never thought of it til the psychologist for dh after his injury said he lost his purpose in life(his career/job and they would not let him go back to it) and we have to find a new purpose. We never thought of having a purpose in life, we just lived,but it made sense for him bc he was and still is depressed not having a job to go to anymore. But I never really thought that for myself til he mentioned it. So then I asked what is my purpose and I know for sure it is my family and doing things for them, but it is like they are all growing up and I am thinking what will be my purpose when they are all grown!? Guess that could be one of my purposes-I am always helping someone but lol maybe God knows I am getting older now with all the pains and aches,poor back,neck etc and so maybe incidences like the ones I describe are lessening as I get older-lol! God has got my back (literally lol!). BUT I can always PRAY-getting good at that!

One boy on a basketball team just this week went to the tournament and nearly drowned and had a go fund me page,so I prayed so hard for a miracle and also donated. He woke up and is off life support now but still has a long road ahead but it was so quick him waking up after my prayer and spreading the word to my prayer warriors to pray! God is GOOD! Praise God! I believe bc he has worked so many miracles in life and has answered my prayers in all circumstances even miracles for us that I know and believe even though I did not grow up with that religious background!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

frugalmom wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:05 pm Awww,thank you! That is an enlightening thought bc I always am questioning what is my purpose!? I never thought of it til the psychologist for dh after his injury said he lost his purpose in life(his career/job and they would not let him go back to it) and we have to find a new purpose. We never thought of having a purpose in life, we just lived,but it made sense for him bc he was and still is depressed not having a job to go to anymore. But I never really thought that for myself til he mentioned it. So then I asked what is my purpose and I know for sure it is my family and doing things for them, but it is like they are all growing up and I am thinking what will be my purpose when they are all grown!? Guess that could be one of my purposes-I am always helping someone but lol maybe God knows I am getting older now with all the pains and aches,poor back,neck etc and so maybe incidences like the ones I describe are lessening as I get older-lol! God has got my back (literally lol!). BUT I can always PRAY-getting good at that!

One boy on a basketball team just this week went to the tournament and nearly drowned and had a go fund me page,so I prayed so hard for a miracle and also donated. He woke up and is off life support now but still has a long road ahead but it was so quick him waking up after my prayer and spreading the word to my prayer warriors to pray! God is GOOD! Praise God! I believe bc he has worked so many miracles in life and has answered my prayers in all circumstances even miracles for us that I know and believe even though I did not grow up with that religious background!
Prayer is amazing. My niece was at her weekly bible study and they had a call for prayer. A young man was in his car and hit by a train and was not expected to live.. So prayer chain was set in motion. Fast forward, I cannot remember now how many months, but he was an out patient in my therapy department. When he was ready to be discharged he was walking and functioning on his own just like before he was hit by the train. On the last day I asked him if he was aware of the prayer chain and he said no. When I told him about it he was amazed and grateful.. God does work in mysterious ways.
Janet Alliesmama
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

I am so glad he is doing well! I hope he is touched by God's blessing and does something with his life for the good.