Daily Check In July 9, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check In July 9, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Late check in for me. My body is tired, but my brain is wired, thanks to the no-doze tablet I took about 3:30pm (now 10pm).

I drove about 200-230 miles to get home today, sat waiting in 3 road construction zones, and still didn't make it to my friend’s Temple endowment session; however I cooked dinner in what seemed like record time and still got to her Sealing ceremony.

Speaking of dinner, while I was put in garden putting ground cover tarp back to rights when meat was thawing, I found two beautiful zucchinis ready to be picked-so I did. I quickly sliced them, then added last onion, ted bell peppers & last of cauliflower & seasonings, then cooked burger and made a kind of beefy fajita mix. It made me feel soo happy, plus knowing no veg was going to waste.. happy frugal thoughts.😁

Family reunion was yesterday. We stayed at stepmom’s house, then gave her a ride to reunion after her Monday meetings. It was nice to surprise everyone for a change, I’d sworn the dbro to secrecy about her coming—usually my sisters ignore me at these reunions.😁Silly I know, but I wanted to be noticed, kwim?!

Oh and the Oat Bars were a HUGE hit at ge reunion, much talked about by everyone!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting that recipe!! My kids ate the last few this morning crumbled in milk like granola, and requested more. I must admit that I added to large eggs to the triple batch—am not sure how they usually are, but they were chewy for as long as they lasted (from Sat night until this morning).

Am off to finish my dinner, and drink hot Sleepytime tea & water in hopes it flushes the caffeine out of my system faster.