Daily Check in July 10, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in July 10, 2019

Post by Jackielou » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:10 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slept like the dead last night and even slept in this morning. However I think that I stayed in one position much too long as I am very, very achy this morning (only happens when I don't wake up enough to turn over or move a bit). I hobbled out of bed this morning and opened the drapes to a shining day, with tiny wisps of white threadlike clouds. Quite the change from yesterday.

We ended up with almost three inches of total rainfall yesterday. The ground should be nice and wet for a few days at least. Hubby keeps saying he can see the grass grow right in front of his eyes. Nothing is as good as rain for growing or keeping things green. it also did my herbs and flowers a whole lot of good. Things look very lush this morning. Only bad thing will be the new infestation of mosquitos that will appear in a few days.

My to do list is not as long today as other days. I do need to get to the library (books are due and for the first time ever I need to renew one) and while going there I plan on dropping off a few items at the second hand store, as well as pricing out laptops. If I find one and youngest DS puts the stamp of approval on it I may just pick that up tomorrow or on Thursday of next week. I think I may need a USB hub as well. Need to think on that one.Tomorrow will be all about spending and today more about pricing out and comparing.

Frugally speaking I will be going for my walk shortly, then coming home to check out the fliers and make my list. I hope to be able to match up coupons and sales. Last week I saved almost $30.00 which is a new record for me. Going to try and up it this week.

Going for a walk this morning for frugal exercise, hopefully dehydrating some mint, picking what needs to be picked in the garden, and making grocery lists will probably take up my morning. However they are frugal things to do and keep me occupied and out of trouble.

Supper tonight will be porkchops along with tinfoil packets of veggies (potato, carrot and onion). I plan on pulling out the remainder of the Greek salad as well.

Today I am grateful for the rain we received yesterday.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

jckitty

Post by jckitty » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:04 am

Good morning all,

Up and busy, very hot and so humid. UGh! will be spending most of my day inside.
Biscuits and gravy for supper tonight, sausage gravy from the freezer, biscuits leftover from last night's taco soup supper. Will chop a fruit salad also.

Gave the hens extra water today, it is so hot I can always dump it if they don't use it.

Made plans for the upcoming weekend, Saturday going to an inside flea market and Sunday possibly a float trip down DD's section of creek. Friday I am helping DD can green beans.
DD2 mowed at dads last night and I ran the sweeper in his house. I hate his sweeper, next time I will take mine, LOL.

I need to sort closets again, put it off from last week...still needs done.... :?

Off to see what I can get into,
Have a good day all,
JCKitty

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:43 pm

Good morning/afternoon

Slept well last night. I did have to get up a couple of times to use the facilities.

At least my pups didn't start whining until almost 8. What a miracle. The COD had wanted me to wake him up at 8, so that worked out. But of course he was still in bed when i left the house at 9:15.

Went to breakfast with the femal pack.

Question - if someone said "why is it so hot" and another person answered "because it is July" - would that anger you? That was one conversation we had. I thought it was funny.

I am really glad that i didn't fix the AC sooner. I think it toughened us up! :mrgreen:

Went to a meeting last night and the temp there is set to 68 degrees. I just don't get it. Maybe i should be thankful for my thyroid problem. Everyone was shivering.

WEll need to start doing little chores.

Hope all have a great day

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:29 pm

Good afternoon all.

I had a good day finding ancestors! Found the burial spot of my great-grandmother’s sister who remained in NB. It was several lucky conversations here that pointed me to the cemetery. Surprisingly her stone was one of the few with a silk flower arrangement which makes me think she still has descendants here. Then found a notation of the burial of my great-great-great grandparents. (Discovered that there are two levels of burials in that cemetery.)

Anyway, I checked into my lovely B&B. Now waiting for a lobster roll at a local restaurant overlooking the water. It’s here now so I’ll end.

Have a good evening.

jckitty

Post by jckitty » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:47 pm

Floridacat,

Sounds like you are having a great time. Lobster roll...uummm, sounds so good.
Hope the weather is wonderful and your trip is everything you wanted it to be.
Have fun, stay safe and enjoy!!!
JCKitty

jckitty

Post by jckitty » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:02 pm

Update:

I actually got the chest freezer cleaned and organized. Have a bunch of stuff for the chickens tomorrow morning.
It wasn't as bad as I thought, just disorganized... I really prefer the upright freezer but to be honest, it is a mess also. Maybe I can get it done tomorrow while I am waiting on the telephone tech to get here, have been having problems since last Friday....can dial out but not receive calls. Have to be home and available from 8AM to 5 PM.

Starting to become very overcast and dark....rain may be on the way.
Off to chop salad.
Picked my 2 planters of green beans...got a quart of snapped beans...not too bad, just enough to cook for supper.
JCKitty