Daily Check In July 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In July 12, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning, off to get coffee started. Can't have a cup yet....back in a moment or three.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In July 12, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Looks to be another sunny day ahead of us. We didn't quite reach the high yesterday that was predicted, but we were getting very close to it. Hopefully today will not be so hot and humid.

Hubby and I go to get our eye exam later this morning, not something I enjoy doing, but have been told we need to go every year at our "advanced age". Hubby needs his eyesight checked often as he seems to be developing glaucoma in one eye, and I have been told I have a slight cataract in one as well. Guess we are both getting old and things are wearing out.

Yesterday Hubby went to his barber friend's to get his hair cut. Surprise "G" did what he has been talking about for years and seems to have retired. I am supposed to as his wife "P" the next time I go to the pharmacy where she works. It looks like I may be learning to cut hair at my advanced age..... Hubby refuses to go to a salon.

Since this has now turned into a spend day (we will get some of the money back for our eye exam) I figure that at some point this afternoon I will head to the office store and purchase the computer. May as well have everything ready to go when the desk arrives the middle to the end of next month (things certainly are changing as far as furniture being ready to purchase, now it is order and wait). I will also drop into the bank and order cheques and make a deposit into savings. I should be all caught up with purchases and banking then.

My to do list is not that long, so hopefully everything will be done quickly and I can continue with the decluttering/organizing of the sewing/craft room as well as get out into the garden before the heat gets too bad.

Frugally speaking meals will be made here at home with what is on hand. Continuing to use up cleaning supplies so that eventually I can make my own. As I am decluttering and organizing the sewing room I keep looking for items that can be used for other purposes (like net fabric for produce bags, more fabric that is suitable for shopping bags, things of that nature). I am trying to get away from all the plastic that seems to come home with me from the grocery. Only problem being I do need some plastic for kitty litter patrol and to place donation objects in. It is almost a catch 22 situation. But having bags for produce would help quite a bit, and if I had suitable bags made I might shop at the bulk store a bit more often.

This afternoon I hope to visit a friend, and have a quiet chat then come home and finish off the orphan ball of yellow yarn. Looking forward to starting another colour. I think I almost have enough to make a shawl or small blanket from.

Supper this evening is going to be trout fillets along with homemade fries and some of the asparagus I bought on sale yesterday.

Today I am grateful to be seeing more and more empty space in the sewing/craft room. Hopeful that only a few days organizing remain. I want to start sewing once again.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Jackie you need to change the date today is July 12,2019

Penny
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In July 13, 2019

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Not much new today, I did sleep through the night again.

I have started on my Christmas Knitting, all of which is subject to change as I find new patterns.

I just got a text from the person who helps me with my grocery shopping she is bringing me 1/2 dozen organic eggs from her chickens.

I took eggs off my list. I was only planning on buying a half dozen eggs.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning. Just returned from a few days of camping and kayaking.
I could lurk with my phone...but couldn't post. A good time was had!

This summer is flying by. I am watching my two grand dogs for the weekend.
Family is off to my oldest DGD's soccer tournamet out of state.

Today will be catching up with weeding my veg garden.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
Up too early, thanks to DD's rotten kittens. They would not leave me alone all night. Tonight she had better keep them with her or momma Is not going to be happy tomorrow! LOL
They are really cute but they are little demons.
Have already been to the farm store for feed and litter. The temps are down and half way comfortable so will go out and finish emptying the fire ring in back. I got rid of the other one and planted grass where it had been.
Off to get busy again.
JCKitty