Daily check-in July 17, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily check-in July 17, 2019

Post by floridacatlover » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:21 am

Good morning all.

Janet, good luck with the roof. I hope that Teddi doesn’t get too upset.

Kitty, I’m sorry that your DD lost her wallet. It is a pain to get everything replaced. I am feeling the same as you with lawn care right now.

I went to mom’s house early this morning to cut the back yard. It needed it. “Only” 3” in the rain gauge from while I was away but everything had grown a lot. I’m not sure if it was because the grass was still wet from the dew or because it was thick, but I felt several times like I wouldn’t get the whole yard cut but I did it. Mower seemed like it was going to stall several times. I took a break and then cut the front yard, too. Neighbors who usually cut the front have been super busy with family visiting and I know they were all driving to Nashville last Friday so I’m not sure if they are home.

I wanted to get the yard done because I’m having lunch with friends both Thursday and Friday. So the other option was to cut it late in the day one day. It is SO hot.

I talked to my neighbor who cared for a Pippi. I was happy that they said “she ate like a horse” while I was away. They saw her only twice, but even that is more than some vacations.

Now I can relax and do the laundry from my trip.

Have a good day.

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:58 am

Good morning everyone,

Welcome back Floridacatlover - I enjoyed hearing all about your adventures in Eastern Canada. That is one area I have never explored. The furthest east I have been is Montreal and that was in 1967 and only 11!

I have been so busy at home helping dh with our deck that I haven't been posting. I have also started attending a senior water energizer class at an outdoor pool twice a week and go hiking once a week every Monday. So between doing all that exercise along with my regular running, looking after the garden/flower pots, picking and processing produce from our garden and helping with the staining of our huge deck, I have been tired! I have tried to keep up with what everyone else has been up to though (providing I don't fall asleep with the laptop on my lap in bed!)

The deck is finally done with the exception of applying a second coat of stain. That won't happen today though as it's predicted for us to get a thunder storm and it's already clouded over. I have had a busy morning so far. I picked our baby spinach, kale and Swiss chard and washed it 4 times. We had rain a couple of days ago and the dirt was just clinging on to it. We'll have that as our veggie tonight sauteed with some fresh garlic. Dh left for his golf game this morning but he made his own lunch. This was my running day and I ran my 3.1 miles while it was still relatively cool. After this I weeded and cultivated half of our perennial garden while still in my sweaty running gear as it was going directly into the wash anyway. Then watered the flower pots and rest of the garden. Came in , cleaned up and have changed into a sleeveless top and skirt. I love the natural ventilation that a skirt provides and felt like wearing something pretty for a change. My painting attire is enough to scare anyone away!

I plan on taking it easy this afternoon. I have a good book to read and may just lounge around in the shade outside. That is until it's time to think about dinner. Sometimes I just don't feel like cooking! Thankfully though it's mainly leftovers for this evening.

Creative

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:05 pm

Good late morning ...
Cloudy now; not sure if we'll get anything or not. We got a good rain yesterday evening and into the night so the garden should be happy.

The database workshop was interesting ... found out the library has a subscription to Ancestry.com (though it can only be used at a branch).

I poked around a bit and stumbled on a "lost" relative. (long story ...) Unfortunately, the discovery brought back some old family issues, so I'm feeling a bit unsettled today.

But, carrying on ... just blanced some peas and am doing some laundry and trying to tidy up a bit. Dinner will be leftovers ... DH made noises about visiting another dealership to look at one of his top choices, but that's his decision to make ...

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:06 pm

Mrscreative wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:58 am
Good morning everyone,

Welcome back Floridacatlover - I enjoyed hearing all about your adventures in Eastern Canada. That is one area I have never explored. The furthest east I have been is Montreal and that was in 1967 and only 11!

I have been so busy at home helping dh with our deck that I haven't been posting. I have also started attending a senior water energizer class at an outdoor pool twice a week and go hiking once a week every Monday. So between doing all that exercise along with my regular running, looking after the garden/flower pots, picking and processing produce from our garden and helping with the staining of our huge deck, I have been tired! I have tried to keep up with what everyone else has been up to though (providing I don't fall asleep with the laptop on my lap in bed!)

The deck is finally done with the exception of applying a second coat of stain. That won't happen today though as it's predicted for us to get a thunder storm and it's already clouded over. I have had a busy morning so far. I picked our baby spinach, kale and Swiss chard and washed it 4 times. We had rain a couple of days ago and the dirt was just clinging on to it. We'll have that as our veggie tonight sauteed with some fresh garlic. Dh left for his golf game this morning but he made his own lunch. This was my running day and I ran my 3.1 miles while it was still relatively cool. After this I weeded and cultivated half of our perennial garden while still in my sweaty running gear as it was going directly into the wash anyway. Then watered the flower pots and rest of the garden. Came in , cleaned up and have changed into a sleeveless top and skirt. I love the natural ventilation that a skirt provides and felt like wearing something pretty for a change. My painting attire is enough to scare anyone away!

I plan on taking it easy this afternoon. I have a good book to read and may just lounge around in the shade outside. That is until it's time to think about dinner. Sometimes I just don't feel like cooking! Thankfully though it's mainly leftovers for this evening.

Creative
Creative, I admire your dedication to all types of exercise. In Canada I was talking with someone about the winter and said I “know” someone who takes full advantage of winter with cross country skiing, curling and other winter sports. That’s you!

I know you probably won’t have much internet access on your cruise ship (from what I’ve heard from friends) but I hope you will tell us all about your trip when you return home. One thing I like to do and did on this trip is keep a journal. Sometimes I have to push myself to write in it. When I visited Europe for the first time after graduate school I pushed myself to write in my journal at least every other day. I still have that journal and it is one of my treasured possessions.

rinty

Post by rinty » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:27 pm

I agree with you FCL, its fun living vicariously through each other on the forum, hearing about our holidays , and even just our usual days !!!! Very much hoping to hear Creative travel tales after the cruise !

(((hugs))) to Maggie, you are sounding a little "flat" ? Hope thinsg pick up for you x

Trudging along at work, to the end of the week, "I think I can, I think I can........"

We're all irritable and overworked but we'll miss the kids and will meet up with our friends during the summer.

A child brought us in some LINDOR and we had eaten them ALL by lunchtime ( cos we are pigs )

Dinner here is fridge gleanings and fruit...........

DH still bringing back endless FREE food from the allotment, yum, yum.

Off to scrub, process the produce and pack some empty bags into the car......I have to bring home my " work-books" and also the Ton 'O Crafts that I daren't leave at school in case it is pillaged ;)

Kids doing well, Grandkids doing well, DH is over doing it, and I'll be glad when I am at home to police his working hours.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:35 pm

Did my usual breakfast thing

Came home and bathed my hairy dog. Boy he needed it.

Now waiting for him to dry so i can trim his coat.

He looks so much better.