Daily Check in July 18, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
colonialgirl

Re: Daily Check in July 18, 2019

Post by colonialgirl »

Just popping in to say hi and FCL, Jackie and Kitty, please hang in. You are not alone. I am frightened all the time. The Orange occupant has emboldened and removed the shame from this kind of conduct. I never dreamt that these travesties could occur in my country. I am so ashamed and feel powerless. CG
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

colonialgirl wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:37 pm Just popping in to say hi and FCL, Jackie and Kitty, please hang in. You are not alone. I am frightened all the time. The Orange occupant has emboldened and removed the shame from this kind of conduct. I never dreamt that these travesties could occur in my country. I am so ashamed and feel powerless. CG
CG!!!!

I was thinking of you this morning - wondering where you have been. Hope you are okay. Hang in there

Hey do you remember that lady that lived in Phoenix? She had back issues and was so glad she was given pain meds to help. That was years ago.

I thought of her this week because the Washington Post is running articles about opiod dependence. Did i spell that right? Very interesting. Amazing how so many people are hooked.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

You can check this database to see how many pills are prescribed in each county of the US.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... 0a7d99a5ed
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hi Clem,
I am ok. Had cataract surgery 2 days ago & it went well. I have been so testy with the political climate that I thought it best to lay off posting for a while. You get my drift.

I do remember that chick. Her name was something about Chopin. She had a bad back and I remember her always feeling the need to inform the group that she had a good pain day and had had sex with her husband. Ok....TMI lady.

I get such a giggle remembering some of the characters from years past. I was thinking of everfrugal Sue the other day. Great lady, so sorry she passed.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

It was Chopinlover. Her sister who was in the group was Whatadeal. We met up in person several times because we found out we both worked at the same place. She and her DH sold their house in Sac. and moved to the foothills. She retired a few years after I did and we lost touch. Very nice lady.

Bev
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

BevMoore wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:38 am It was Chopinlover. Her sister who was in the group was Whatadeal. We met up in person several times because we found out we both worked at the same place. She and her DH sold their house in Sac. and moved to the foothills. She retired a few years after I did and we lost touch. Very nice lady.

Bev
was that Donna? Not sure if i have the name right. They moved to the Siskiyou mountains or something like that?