$1200 a month in The City :-(

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: $1200 a month in The City :-(

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I can understand if one just needs a place to sleep, but where’s the bathroom, kitchen, and closet?

I NEED my own space, and that includes somewhere to Put Stuff—I Like Stuff!
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

From what I understand shared Kitchen bathroom and no closets, the "cubby" is it.

IC
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Yes, I read about these. Unbelievable that the cost of housing in this country, especially the cities has gone so crazy. All for that almighty dollar and then they wonder why people are now in debt.
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Wow. Well I guess when people are spending loads of time at their jobs. The tech companies like google provide meals and other perks. Although the salaries, I hear, reflect this.
icfrugal1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:47 pm https://sf.curbed.com/2019/7/18/2069934 ... f-sold-out :(

I just don't know what to think any more :(

My 40 year old niece is living in one of these, she is paying $600.00 a month.

She does rent a house with roommates in another town, but works in The City and this saves her lots of time.

I just don't know what to think :?

Thank God she does have a "real" place to live.

My niece works hard and enjoys her life, she travels a lot.

IC
mainer

Post by mainer »

This is utterly depressing, but not surprising. Housing and healthcare costs are rising and rising. At the same time, we cannot complain about the costs. When we do, we are called commies. So much money for so little space and privacy, yet the demand doesn't subside. Anything goes, apparently. Thanks for sharing this. I was just reading Professor Mankiw's "Principles of Macroeconomics." I never realized how questions of sustainability, inflation, employment/unemployment are so deeply entwined. Sure I knew they were related, but the degree of the intertwining comes as a surprise to me. Another relevant question that the text raised has to do with fuel prices: Is fuel too affordable to deter over-consumption? Should there be a cap on the amount of vehicular fuel one can consume monthly? Difficult question, as most questions about regulation tend to be. If there's the right to consume, there's also the duty to regulate. How do we reconcile this?
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

mainer wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:40 am This is utterly depressing, but not surprising. Housing and healthcare costs are rising and rising. At the same time, we cannot complain about the costs. When we do, we are called commies. So much money for so little space and privacy, yet the demand doesn't subside. Anything goes, apparently. Thanks for sharing this. I was just reading Professor Mankiw's "Principles of Macroeconomics." I never realized how questions of sustainability, inflation, employment/unemployment are so deeply entwined. Sure I knew they were related, but the degree of the intertwining comes as a surprise to me. Another relevant question that the text raised has to do with fuel prices: Is fuel too affordable to deter over-consumption? Should there be a cap on the amount of vehicular fuel one can consume monthly? Difficult question, as most questions about regulation tend to be. If there's the right to consume, there's also the duty to regulate. How do we reconcile this?
You sound like a smart lady.