$1200 a month in The City :-(

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: $1200 a month in The City :-(

Post by icfrugal1 »

mainer wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:40 am This is utterly depressing, but not surprising. Housing and healthcare costs are rising and rising. At the same time, we cannot complain about the costs. When we do, we are called commies. So much money for so little space and privacy, yet the demand doesn't subside. Anything goes, apparently. Thanks for sharing this. I was just reading Professor Mankiw's "Principles of Macroeconomics." I never realized how questions of sustainability, inflation, employment/unemployment are so deeply entwined. Sure I knew they were related, but the degree of the intertwining comes as a surprise to me. Another relevant question that the text raised has to do with fuel prices: Is fuel too affordable to deter over-consumption? Should there be a cap on the amount of vehicular fuel one can consume monthly? Difficult question, as most questions about regulation tend to be. If there's the right to consume, there's also the duty to regulate. How do we reconcile this?
My mother (1917-2002) told me that during the war fuel was regulated, I THINK that she told me that yu got so much per car??

When I lived in The City, I loved using MUNI, not practicable where I live now.

DH and I drive fewer then 9,000 miles per year.

IC
mainer

Post by mainer »

icfrugal1 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:48 pm My mother (1917-2002) told me that during the war fuel was regulated, I THINK that she told me that yu got so much per car??

When I lived in The City, I loved using MUNI, not practicable where I live now.

DH and I drive fewer then 9,000 miles per year.

IC
Yeah. Unless it's a state of emergency, nobody wants to regulate anything for fear of the economy slowing down. Consumption is patriotic today.
mainer

Post by mainer »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:22 am You sound like a smart lady.
Ouch, sir :mrgreen:
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

mainer wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:32 am Yeah. Unless it's a state of emergency, nobody wants to regulate anything for fear of the economy slowing down. Consumption is patriotic today.
"""" Consumption is patriotic today."""""

Sadly, so true, but to put your stuff where ???

Of course at this point in my life, I'm tiring to get rid of stuff. 8-)

IC