Daily check in July 30, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily check in July 30, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello all.

I’m back from mom’s house. No yard work today. I moved some things in the garage so the plumbers on Thursday can go in and out that way instead of the front door. Finally opened a box in mom’s room labeled ‘95-‘99 income taxes and found some important non-tax documents including one I had been wondering about since before mom died. I’m thrilled. The packet also included my original birth certificate. I’m not sure how these documents got into this box. I’m only half way through the box, going paper by paper.

As far as the taxes, this was the period my dad was in the nursing home. My mom was so smart about deductions and had every receipt. She had to pay separately for things like Rx, Depends and even, surprisingly, some nutrition liquids in addition to the hefty monthly charge. Mom enjoyed doing the taxes. My parents never earned a lot of money but they were savers and never complained about the costs. I’m so proud of her.

I have a hair appointment later today. I was lucky to get it on short notice.

I don’t have cable or satellite TV but I think I’ll be able to watch the CNN debate online tonight. I’ll see if there is a Roku app. If nothing else, I’ll get the audio through Alexa.