Daily check in July 30, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily check in July 30, 2019

Post by Quilter51 »

Morning all. This is my twice amonth or whatever checkin, lol. Mainly becuse for whatever reason, I woke up at six thirty-crazy.

Yesterday I had a discussion with my forty year old daughter about her late September wedding. They are going pretty cheap although they ae enting a venue. At their age they ae paying for it (they've been living together and bought a house years ago but kept finances and marriage sepaate so that she could get a full ride advanced degrees wise). I decided that at a minimum I will pay for her dress ($350) and the brunch the day after the mainly family and best friend wedding. I will probably pay more than that if she lets me. Since they already have a home, their only registry is with Amazon for future improvement and upgrade type stuff.

Today my retired gals goup is going to see the new Tarintino movie on five dollar Tuesday. Of course I'm having a minimal breakfast so I can have al the munchies at the theater so not quite as frugal for me. Afterwads happy hour. Since the movie is well over two hours and then happy hour I wont get alot of stuff done today. I do however need to make the list for my "big shops" both gocery and supplies and craftwise for tomorrow. I probably should get on the cross trainer for fortyminutes but it probably will not happen.

fortunately yesterday I did water aerobics for well over an hour and will do so gain tomorrow. I also did alot of knitting and got other stuff done so today can be mine.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Looks like a sunny, warm day here. I too, was awakened around 6:30 because Big Boy heard DH get up and decided I should 1) snuggle, 2) get up and feed him. He got his snuggle, but Mom wasn't ready to get up yet.

We had a pretty good rain yesterday (plus a short power outage). DH said he and friends sat through a very long rain delay at the ballpark.

Today, some chores and paperwork on the agenda. Dinner will be pork chops (grilled extras) plus whatever else I can clean out of the fridge.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Dgflorida wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:28 am Good morning frugal folks,

Today, I will plan on filling another 2 trashcans with weeds. I have 4 cans so far. The knee is holding up well. I hope to get 2 cans done tomorrow as well. Since pickup is early Thursday, I will have 8 cans to put out. Very satisfying and a good start on regaining control of the yard.

The kitchen planner is going on vacation until August 6. I will make an appointment with her after that date. Early August was my planned time to go in and put my money down on formal measurements for my new kitchen.

I considered taking the car in to get the sensor fixed, but I don't need anything from the store and I prefer to combine driving activities. Hubs has his cheese for snacking. And we have plenty of bacon and eggs and meat for dinner. So this may be a stay home day. By the end of the week, I will need to go out for stuff from Walmart market. The nice thing is that I can leave the car at the auto shop and walk to Walmart market and Walgreens. Historically, they are finished with it by the time I walk, shop and walk back.

Today, I will try to get some extra tidy chores done. Running the leaf blower here and there and cleaning more of the concrete porch with bleach. Maybe do a bit more caulking on leaking gutter spots.

Today, I am grateful for my good life. Have a good day everyone.
Wow! You must be allowed unlimited garbage! Here we can only put out 2 garbage bins/week. Twice yearly garden debris is collected but it must be put in special paper bags and any branches cut to 3 foot lengths and tied up with string. We just trimmed off a trailer load of branches from our trees and shrubs yesterday but had to pay someone $100 to haul it to the dump where it is placed in a special area for garden waste.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone,

Much cooler this morning so I am debating about whether to attend my outdoor aquatics class. It’s in an unheated outdoor pool. If I do decide to go, it will be energizing for sure!

Slowly but surely we are getting our summer household chores done. The deck has been stripped and stained, major trimming of branches and shrubs completed and our out of control Forsynthia Northern Gold bush removes. All that greenery can be both a blessing and a curse. And then we’re getting our shed roof reshingled either this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon. Then at last hopefully we can just sit and enjoy our deck.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Forgot to mention we are hiring someone to do the shingles as Dh doesn’t have the knowledge. Then we won’t have to worry about the disposal of the old shingles either.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Morning all,
I have to say, I don't know how you Floridians/Texans do all that you do in the heat.
It has been such a hot summer here in the northeast and it really affects me.
I need to weed today, couldn't get out early enough because I had other things I had to do. So, will get to that much later.
July is always our hottest month.
Doing as many frugal things as possible. Eating at home.
Unfrugal...until a few years ago we didn't have any airconditioners. Now we have two window units, and I feel bad everytime I turn one on. We do have solar and that offsets, but I feel so bad using more electric.