Daily check in July 30, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily check in July 30, 2019

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by alliesmama4 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:18 am

Good morning. We have a lovely cool morning and the temps will be staying in the 80's the rest of the week. This afternoon Dish is sending out a tech to install my satellite dish on a pole. I did not want it re-installed on the roof due to wanting to maintain the integrity of the new roof. I have been without satellite TV for a long time and realize now how much I enjoyed it for entertainment. I do have an air wave TV but it does not have a recorder. With Dish I can record things and watch them at my leisure. I hate commercials so was able to fast forward through them. It has been torture to have to deal with commercials..lol. Also I do not like to have to watch TV when the program is on. I prefer to record and enjoy it later when it is time to relax. Not much else planned for today other than cooking.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
I am on the wrong side of my building for a dish, I do have AT&T U-verse but I do the same thing. Some shows I watch live, but if family or friends calls I want to talk to them.

Penny
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I was awake for about an hour during the night. I have a white wash almost ready to go into the dryer, I need to finish loading the dishwasher and set it off.

Not much else is new today. My hand doesn’t hurt as much, this morning.

I did the shredding and was able to add that to today’s trash, that is done for several months. I try and just shred the personal information on any page. So mostly small pieces of paper.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I forced myself to get up so i could go walking

My walking partner decided not to go. She wants to lose weight for her wedding in November, but keeps canceling. Oh well

Since she wasn't with me, i was able to go faster and add an extra mile - 4 miles total. I worked up a sweat. We normally take it pretty slow that we don't sweat. Even in the warm Texas air.

Afterwards, i picked up my salad fixings for the week.

Have a meeting later, so will be jumping in the shower and getting ready for that.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Clem,

Whatever happened to your catfish friend?

Bev
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

BevMoore wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:02 pm Clem,

Whatever happened to your catfish friend?

Bev
I haven't spoken to either of them in at least a month or more.

The one that would tell me things is out of commission due to a leg fracture. I tried to be supportive, but darn she is so needy. I had to kind of back off. She has kids and family and significant other. So since i stopped texting with her, haven't heard anything

But i am curious.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Hello Everyone,

I have been missing in action due to a busy busy month for me. I have been reading but just haven't had the time to post. I have a good friend who owns a Carpet Cleaning business and he talked me into working six weeks while his little secretary went on maternity leave. I have enjoyed it, but glad that it's over and I can go back to my daily routine of sleeping late and not doing anything if I choose.

I also went out of town this week-end to my traveling buddies wedding and it was beautiful. The lady that he married is about 15 years younger than he is and we're just praying that it will all work out. He's head over heels in love and we're hoping she is too. Seems like a nice gal but we are just hoping that he didn't jump into this to soon. He's only been dating her for 6 months, but it may all work out just fine. His 3 daughters like her and I feel like that is a plus.

I am leaving in the morning going to Mr. B's for 3 weeks of R&R. He will spoil me rotten and I haven't seen him since May so we should have a really good time. Our class reunion is this week-end in our home town and we are both looking forward to that.

Several things have changed for me this summer, my riding lawn mowers engine went out so I decided that I would finally stop my grass cutting days. The guy who has serviced my mower since DH died came and hauled the mower away for parts and had a friend who does lawns. My lawn looks so much better with him cutting and edging and I should have done this long time ago. He does everything, trimming shrubs, fertilizing, reseeding and raking leaves. Both my kids are ecstatic that I finally have succumbed to their wishes. It's $80.00 a week, but it has been worth it.

Clem, I too am interested in your friend. Did she actually go to see him this last time? You have to find out for us.

Janet, I know you are glad to get your new roof. I have a leak in mine and the roofing guy came today and seems to have located it. They will be replacing some plywood and putting in some type of rubber in the valley of the roof when I get back from Mississippi. My roof is only 10 years old and they guarantee their work for a year, so if this doesn't solve my problem I will probably have to have a new roof.

Sounds like everyone is having a good summer and we have had one of the mildest ones that we have had in a long time. Weather patterns have really shifted. On this trip to our friends wedding, we went to the eastern part of the state near Chattanooga, and everything was so lush and green from the rains we've had. It was a beautiful drive. He lives on the border of Tennessee and Alabama.

Will talk to everyone when I get back. All of you stay cool and healthy.