What is the weirdest gift you’ve ever received?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: What is the weirdest gift you’ve ever received?

Post by alliesmama4 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:41 pm

Several years my Mom and Dad bought me snow tires for my birthday. We lived in a rural area and my birthday was in January. Since I would change them out when the weather got nicer they did not have to do it every year. The grand prize of presents was a cemetery plot. Mom and Dad and my brother and SIL were buying their grave plots together and they bought me one too since they never expected me to get married.. They even have my name engraved on the family tombstone with my name and date of birth... just need to fill in the date of death.. Fast forward I did get married so my last name is wrong and I am donating my body to St. Louis University for research.. After they are done with my remains I will be cremated and buried at a designated area at St. Louis University and a special mass will be said yearly for our donated remains. My brother was upset but I told him no one consulted me before doing anything. They can remove my name and bury someone else there. Their oldest son is also buried there and maybe someone else can use the extra grave.
Janet Alliesmama

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:04 am

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:27 am
I was chuckling to myself over dh’s previous gifts of a labeler, and personal waxing kit, then I saw ds16’s nail clippings on the floor and had a flashback memory. When I was 7 and oldest dsis was 21, she sent me her Nail Clippings!! :lol: :lol: :lol: To this dayI still cannot figure out why???
—-
What is the weirdest or silliest gift you've ever received?
A pair of golf shoes as an anniversary gift (I don't play) from my ex which just happened to "mistakenly" have been sent in HIS exact size: 11. I had given him tickets to an OU football game that year.

The next month, for his birthday, I gave him a 5-carat diamond tennis bracelet which was "mistakenly" packaged in MY exact size: 7".

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:41 am

Sandy wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:04 am
A pair of golf shoes as an anniversary gift (I don't play) from my ex which just happened to "mistakenly" have been sent in HIS exact size: 11. I had given him tickets to an OU football game that year.

The next month, for his birthday, I gave him a 5-carat diamond tennis bracelet which was "mistakenly" packaged in MY exact size: 7".
Good one Sandy.. you go girl..
Janet Alliesmama

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:08 pm

I always tried to keep one up on him :D

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:44 pm

Sandy wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:04 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh I love it!!

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:14 pm

He didn't...say...one...word, Gayle ;)