Daily Check in Aug 1, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Aug 1, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:40 am Good luck with your day Maggie. I’m glad you had fun with your friend last night.

Aug 1– just means school starts on the 14th for us; for starting this early, I hope they are giving students longer vacations.
——
Hello all,

It rained in the night so is cool but very humid; is supposed to rain again today. At least trailer mattresses are drying in garage and weren't forgotten outside.

I was hopeful of catching another hour of sleeping (kept waking up being pinched last night, guess I’m not supposed to get restful sleep); however I came in the bedroom to see his clean-clothes strewn across the bed—I did get a nasty look last night when he came home to find me sorting & folding little girls’ clothes in living room. I wonder when he lost the ability to put his own clothes away—I know my clothes live in their baskets because I can't seem to stretch my days hard enough. He gets Really Mean if I suggest he do anything to help out; its just not worth his rants to speak up on some things.

So laundry all day, will keep working on girls’ giant basket as I can, after dh’s is put away.

Aug 1st means online registration starts and I can go in to adjust ds14’s spring schedule. Also means I need to talk to dd6’s previous Elementary to drop her so she can be at school with dd8.

Dh has a Dr appt in early afternoon, then ds16 has eye appt in late afternoon—must remember to take HSA card along to both.

Must also eke out 1 hour to crochet on hot-pad, no time yesterday. I also need to figure out a homemade GF treat to bake & take along—am considering Refrigerator slice & bake cookies.

Rest of day will be packing clothes & bedding to take on church retreat tomorrow. Must also pack knitting bag with assorted projects.

Tomorrow I need to register for my first 2 Subbing training classes, Aug 15 and Sept 12 (or 10th, not sure). Providing I get them all completed, by Nov 15 or Dec 1at latest, I should be earning the higher rate.

So plenty to do, better get cracking on his laundry. Should weed in garden too—slept in way late yesterday & skipped weeding, might be too wet today from rain AND sprinkler.

Dinner tonight will be beef or chicken, unless I thaw pork spareribs and use them in a casserole or stew.

Today I feel thankful for very little—was praying tjis morning, told God my inner well of happiness seems nearly dry from constant draws to combat depressed spouse and all the evils rampant in the world. My Dad would tell me to get busy doing something for someone else, yes even for the person(s) in your life who cause you sadness—guess he’s right. I really miss my parents, I wish I could have a hug from one of them Right Now!
Just this Gayle (((Hugs)))
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Gayle - I know what you mean about needing a hug. I woke up last night thinking my father was calling my name. I miss him more than words can say.

Hang in there, Gayle. I have no words of wisdom but I'm sending you a cyber pat-pat-pat.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

My game went a bit longer than usual this morning (I also slept in a bit) so posting later than usual.

I was having a bit of trouble connecting to the internet on the laptop, for some reason the connect automatically order had gotten changed. I have no idea how that happened. Any way all fixed now and things are working properly once again. Really I sometimes think that computers are developing minds of their own.

Today is errand day. Shortly I will be out and about doing those errands, however I do want to get a couple of things done before I leave. Must remember to do some online banking, as well as go to the bank ATM to get our allowances for the next two weeks.

Other than rushing around this morning, I will be staying close to home and getting things accomplished around here. Frugally speaking I will be harvesting some more of the herb bed (probably oregano and parsley today) for dehydrating, working on Christmas gifts (yep I have actually started these), making meals from scratch (or as close to scratch as a modern person can be), and hopefully doing a bit of decluttering as well.

Being the first of August, and a new month, I did up July's budget yesterday. We managed to stay under even with the purchase of the laptop. However this month could be a bit over as I want to do a stock up shop (really running low on some items) and that always seems to inflate the budget a bit. Hubby also does a stock up shop for his various hobbies at this time.

Supper tonight is supposed to be leftover chicken, but I think I just might switch a couple of menus around. BBQ sounds pretty good to me. While I have to get things ready, I don't have to stand over the grill and cook.

Today I am grateful for my limited techie skills. At least I could fix the WIFI problem.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

A refreshing morning after the last 4 or 5 days. You can actually breathe when you go outside. I think I'll take a trip up to the park later this morning.

I am not sorry for opting out of the two activities scheduled for this week; the coloring session outdoors because of the heat and the movie trip, positively nothing I had any interest in. I had a better time doing things I really wanted to do.

I wish my sister and her daughter could get along better. They fight like cats and dogs. I love my niece because she is my sister's daughter, but I'm not quite sure that I like the woman she's become. And my sister's dislike for the man she's with makes things much worse. Not that my sister didn't always complain about things, but she complains about EVERYTHING all day and all night. The one thing though is that yesterday she mentioned that she thought about finally telling her doctor that she's depressed all the time, but that she didn't want the doctor to think she was crazy which of course she isn't. I told her you have depressed and then you have DEPRESSED and then you have crazy; they're all different things. I told her the doctor would of course not think she was crazy; that she's feeling depressed because she's stressed out. I suggested the next time she see's her doctor that she should tell her that she's feeling totally stressed and if there was something that might help take the edge off. I also told her that if she was put on medication that it wasn't like she'd have to take it forever, just to try it and if helps, then great because the stressis really doing her in.

She also mentioned that she is going to start making occasional visits to one of the neighbors who had invited her in for coffee anytime when she first moved to the community. I told her that I think that would be good. Yes, she has her family but always in an uproar, and she uses me to vent, but she needs other people in her life to just make common/general chitchat to take her away from the daily stress. Previously when I mentioned that she should take the woman up on her offer, she'd tell me she has her "family". Things they are a changin' as Bob Dylan once said.

I, myself, have finally made the decision to give up on the friendship with Lois. She's made time for me just once in almost a year, yet she's made time for everyone else. Back at the end of June she said she was keeping two weekends open to do something and as I mentioned I knew it wasn't going to happen. A relationship isn't anything if it's one sided. It's OK. I've finally made peace with the situation. I have created a new social life for myself. I'll manage without her. I'm not going to bother calling her any more and I'll make sure to check my caller ID; it's best to just make a complete cut. And while I understand she had 2 years to create her own social circle while I was looking after my mother, the truth is that if you really want to spend time with someone you can always find the time.

Well, I'll get off my soapbox for now.

Have a wonderful day.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Woke up an hour before the alarm because I was really congested, even after taking allergy meds before I went to bed. Hopefully, a nap later.

Anyway, did some vacuuming, have an afghan in the washer that I will put outside to dry. Also have a few errands to run today so I will be out and about for a bit.

Since I have only myself to feed, dinner will be leftovers from the fridge.

Gayle (((hugs)))
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

(((Gayle))) you put up with a lot more than I ever would. I wish you peace.

I feel better today, yesterday I was feeling stressed and agitated.
It is cool and comfortable in the mornings lately, I wish it could always be like this.

I am thawing chicken thighs for supper. Will make some mashed potatoes and salad to serve along with them.

Normal daily household chores today, need to do some more weeding when the heavy dew burns off.
B-Day party this weekend, at a bowling alley ...should be fun. The party will get me out of the house and away from the family reunion noise next property. That is a plus.

Off to get started again.
Have a great, safe day all.
JCKitty

Wolfe, I have been congested lately also