Is anyone here seeing grocery shortages in their stores?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

Re: Is anyone here seeing grocery shortages in their stores?

Post by Sandy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:24 pm

jckitty wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:12 am
Sandy,
It is ugly for me here surrounded by orange lovers, to give an example...alternative energy sources. We had the chance for a wind farm, I received some signs in favor of ...I have them at the front of my property. The brother went and found some against the proposal and installed them in front of mine.
I had him remove them from MY property and he put them on the property lines between us.

Mine are constantly disappearing or are vandalized, his never are. I have also been cleaning up soiled diapers, beer cans and all manner of things thrown on my property. Most thrown against the signs.
I cannot have any political signs on my property because there is law that if I have a "Pete" sign they have the right to stick all manner of Frump signs on my property.
I just stay quiet and hope this will all go away.
JCKitty
Lots of fear on the "other" side right now (did we feel the need to vandalize the property of others in defense of our candidate when BO was running - to me, HRC doesn't count <even though she was the candidate> because of her trainload of baggage). So much ammunition. In fact, with the "suicide" of Jeffrey Epstein discovered this morning, I'm eagerly awaiting what the unsealed court papers are going to reveal. I'm thinking lots of names high up the food chain must be shaking in their shoes about now.

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:27 pm

floridacatlover wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:17 am
I am fearful of putting any political signs in the yard or on my car.
I will put them in my yard. In fact, when we had our entire front chainlink covered with Obama/Biden signs, from what I could tell they were never touched and stayed long after the election until weather dissolved them. But then, we live rurally.

ohjodi

Post by ohjodi » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:35 pm

jckitty wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:12 am

I cannot have any political signs on my property because there is law that if I have a "Pete" sign they have the right to stick all manner of Frump signs on my property.
I just stay quiet and hope this will all go away.
JCKitty
That can't be constitutional. That's a local or state law that has not yet been challenged.

But to challenge it, a person would certainly become a target for even more abuse, even violence.

People are crazy. WAY more people than I ever imagined.
ohjodi

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:53 pm

Dgflorida wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:04 am
I am sad to see so many of you seem so anxious. It is very unhealthy. My religious, scared neighbor is a democrat. My non religious scared neighbor is a republican. So both sides are scared. In September, I hear that Hollywood is going to release a movie called the Hunt supposedly showing wealthy elites hunting down and killing "deplorables". I think given how nervous both sides, in fact, everyone seems to be, it is a bad idea to release such a movie at this time. It is not a new storyline, but it is a bad time to do such a project.

I agree with Sandy though, it is not a good time to express your political preference. But then it is not a good time to express your religious preference either.In fact, there is no tolerance on either side, or on any side, it seems. However, acts of random kindness still bring hope and can relieve the sense of isolation so many seem to feel right now. Just my opinion, of course.
There is a very good reason to feel anxious in these times. I would worry about those NOT feeling this way. Hate crimes. Hate spewing. Bullying... Mass shootings of innocent people...a president who bullies..and incites white supremicists. Children torn away from parents.....total lack of respect and civility.....it goes on and on. Worry???? You bet people are worried.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:00 pm

ChristmasTrees wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:53 pm
There is a very good reason to feel anxious in these times. I would worry about those NOT feeling this way. Hate crimes. Hate spewing. Bullying... Mass shootings of innocent people...a president who bullies..and incites white supremicists. Children torn away from parents.....total lack of respect and civility.....it goes on and on. Worry???? You bet people are worried.
As a brown person - heck yeah i worry. You never know who around you is crazy enough to listen to all this stuff and feel like they have to do "something" about it.

My niece was verbally attacked by an anglo couple at a darn water refill thing in her small town. I wish she would have recorded the thing. How can people do that?

What emboldens them? They must lead sorry lives.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:49 pm

clemencia2us wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:00 pm
As a brown person - heck yeah i worry. You never know who around you is crazy enough to listen to all this stuff and feel like they have to do "something" about it.

My niece was verbally attacked by an anglo couple at a darn water refill thing in her small town. I wish she would have recorded the thing. How can people do that?

What emboldens them? They must lead sorry lives.
Clem, There has been and always will be haters. Ignorant people hate out of fear.
The change is that this country came a very long way in not tolerating this.
Now, we have a president that not only tolerates thia behavior, but encourages it. The garbage is coming out of the woodwork. trump has set this country back a hundred years.