Is anyone here seeing grocery shortages in their stores?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Is anyone here seeing grocery shortages in their stores?

Post by clemencia2us »

The MREs is the way to go if you are really worried about a catastrophe hitting

They even come with a heating bag. You fill it with water and it starts to practically boil. You put your bag of food in there

You can also concoct all sorts of things by mixing products. People would get inventive.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:58 am The MREs is the way to go if you are really worried about a catastrophe hitting

They even come with a heating bag. You fill it with water and it starts to practically boil. You put your bag of food in there

You can also concoct all sorts of things by mixing products. People would get inventive.
Yeah, the flameless heaters fascinate him (found out Amazon sells them by themselves in a pack of a dozen, I think). So far the only one he's gotten he hasn't liked was something with spinach. He takes them for lunch, says they really keep him feeling good and sticks with him for a long time. I think it's because each one is so balanced and filled with vitamins.

He fixed one here and it had a "lemon muffin top", lol.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good to see you posting again Sandy. I agree with you and the others that something is up. My neighbor is very religious and she think the end is coming. Another neighbor who is not religious also thinks the end is coming. Hubs feels that we have become so dependent on technology that if something like an EMP pulse takes out the electrical grid, people will go crazy. Everyone seems to be on edge. Here in Florida, some of us prepare every year for hurricane season and the likely event of no power for days. But there is a belief that it will come back on quickly. Still, you can drive yourself crazy with the what ifs. And it really won't do that much good because you don't know what it will be. So I just stock up on canned goods every summer as usual. I use about half my chest freezer space for frozen gallons of drinking water. Gallon jugs are great for keeping things cold for a long time. I used to do a lot of camping and bagged ice is gone within a day and always leaks. A mess. Jugged frozen water lasts for days and is still good to drink when melted. The Florida rule is a gallon a day per person. I am not seeing the low meat prices, but I am seeing empty shelves now and then. Uncommon here, but normal for the rest of the world, so I guess it is the way things are going. But things here are still really good comparatively. I agree with Colonialgirl, the bad weather is going to hit food later in the year.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

I think Trump is the antichrist.

I have one cousin who can scare herself into a seizure (right now she's terrified to go shopping for ANYTHING because their major store is a Walmart). I had to talk her off the ledge last night because she was sitting in the parking lot and couldn't go in, couldn't drive home...poor love.

I suppose I worry more about those of us who are dependent on VERY important medications as much as anything.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

I hear you on the meds Sandy. After Bold Finger was elected, I had to go on anxiety meds. If I didn't have them, I would probably be living underground by now and hubs has to have his multiple life saving meds. It is scary. And there is no way to stock up on them.

Other than that, we are doing well. Hope to see you posting a little more - I miss our chats!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

colonialgirl wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:32 pm I hear you on the meds Sandy. After Bold Finger was elected, I had to go on anxiety meds. If I didn't have them, I would probably be living underground by now and hubs has to have his multiple life saving meds. It is scary. And there is no way to stock up on them.

Other than that, we are doing well. Hope to see you posting a little more - I miss our chats!
My important medicine for my ALS is quinine.. I have to buy it through a pharmacy in the UK. I was stockpiling because of Brexit but had to stop in order to stockpile food and essentials here.. Crazy times in the world.
Janet Alliesmama