Daily Check In August 5th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check In August 5th

Post by gaylejackson2 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:47 pm Gayle, thinking of you.
Thank you ChristmasTrees!
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:08 am Oh Gayle, I am so sorry you have the worry of this biopsy as well as everything else in your life.

I know you accept your " life " because its so busy and there isn't time to think about creative ways to change it but it just isn't healthy to live at the level of exhaustion that you do.

DS16 gets the car to go to work. Don't remove any priviledges that cost you more than it costs him.
DH has won an expensive rifle ? Cool, sell it immediately and apply it to your school debt that was stressing you out a little while ago.

And for heavens sake stop doing DH laundry after that recent " why haven't you put away my laundry ?" moment.

Gayle, I'm a divorcee, and my eldest sona nd two daughters have both separated from their childrens other parents. We are all fine, in fact, we are all HAPPY as are all the children affected. Read into this what you will.
Dear Rinty, thank you for your concern.

Ds16 doesn't have driving privileges because (1) he was ruining dh’s classic thunderbird’s transmission (plus he managed to nearly empty the gas tank in 4 days), and he almost rolled dh’s 1-ton pickup truck plus did something to its shifting transmission), and (2) his truck is in the shop with fuel filter/tank problems.
|
\____So many trials have come upon us, and we’re forgetting that fundamental truth of needing to Pray.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:21 am Hang in there Gayle, I have had several of those Biopsies. It is nerve-wracking waiting on the results.
Thank you Maggie.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:13 am Gayle, I am keeping you in my thoughts. You really don't need the added stress.
Thank you Jackie.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:38 am Gayle, you are in my prayers.

I agree with Rinty. Slow down. Let some things go. Buy gluten-free products instead of making them - even if they cost more and are not as tasty. Get your kids to do more to help you. It will help them to be successful adults if they start taking more responsibility now. Ask for help from your church. (((Hugs)))
Thank you FCL. There is definitely plenty being let go this summer. I didn't get my whole cleaned as originally planned and I don't much care today.

Your mentioning the GF products makes me happy that I baked gf bread last week.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:52 pm LOL, I actually meant the ones that like to post on the forum. They seem to pop up at the strangest times.
Spammers!

That's hilarious; I feel stupid :lol: It'll take more than gum to get rid of them!