Gayle's Cancer Updates

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Biopsy Results & My Cancer Updates

Post by gaylejackson2 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:08 pm Gayle, I am just going to say that, having had breast cancer, I would have made the same decision based on all of your results.
You are very strong and have a very strong faith. You will get through all of this.
As always, I am praying for you and your family.
Love, Trees
Thank you Trees. I appreciate this.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Gayle,
I’ll be thinking of you all weekend and Monday if you do have your surgery that day. You are first on my prayer list.

I was going to pm you but in case you don’t check your pms since your next few days will be busy, I’ll mention this here. I have a blouse with Velcro closures on both shoulders that I bought for mom when she broke her shoulder. She only wore it once or twice. They say these blouses are also for mastectomy patients.

https://www.shouldershirts.com/default.asp

I would like to send you the blouse. It is size large and I think it will fit. (My mom usually wore a Medium in blouses but I bought both a medium and large for comfort. I decided the large would be easiest to get in and off. I returned the Medium unopened after mom died.) I saved this blouse and did not want to give it to Salvation Army because I wanted it to go to someone with a medical need. If you cannot use it maybe you could pass it to someone at Huntsman.

It is not beautiful and is short-sleeve cotton. I know that your weather is already getting cold. But it would be something easy to get on and off.

I’m pretty sure I washed it but will wash it again this weekend and try to get it mailed to you early next week.

So ... if you feel comfortable pm me your mailing address. If I don’t hear from you I’ll check with Rinty to see about your address. (I think Rinty mentioned sending you Christmas cards in the past.)

(((Hugs))) Love, Barbara
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I feel shell-shocked!! My surgeon’s office just called me! Instead of the estimated month before surgery, I Now Have 4 DAYS!! Surgery is scheduled for Sept 23rd!! 😮😳😮😳😮😳😮😳😮😳😮
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by gaylejackson2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:13 pm

I feel shell-shocked!! My surgeon’s office just called me! Instead of the estimated month before surgery, I Now Have 4 DAYS!! Surgery is scheduled for Sept 23rd!! 😮😳😮😳😮😳😮😳😮😳😮
Lots of {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

I understand, but for me I know I would have wanted it behind me.

Your family is going to have to step up. They are going to be forced to do so. They won't like it but it is what it is.

Penny
bigcheryl

Post by bigcheryl »

Gayle I am still unable to reach you by email or messages on here. If you want to talk please just message me an email that works. I understand if life is crazy now. Maybe later if you're up to it
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Like other times, i have just done a copy & paste of my email to here. It's just So Much extra typing if I don't. ;)
---------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends and family,

By now some of you have heard my news, but for the rest of you, here's the latest update.

Yesterday morning I received a phone call from Huntsman Cancer Institute surgery scheduling department. AND they had set my surgery to happen on Monday... Sept 23rd. Yep... 2-1/2 days away now.

So I've been in a flurry of trying to get as much done before Sunday afternoon about 2-ish as I possibly can.

Some in the know, are my Relief Society Presidency, some of whom were at my house trying to make a plan for the after-surgery days. Well, I do think that Pres. C Hulet was inspired to have started us on this path, and I think she and her counselor who was here yesterday, have ironed out a great plan of action. Many others have stepped up to offer their time and resources, for which I greatly appreciate.

As always, thank you all for your prayers. I will do my best to keep you all posted but it may be a few days before I get anything sent out as I hear that the first few days after this kind of surgery will be agonizingly painful.

Many thanks again, and all of my love to you all,
Gayle Peel Jackson
-------
Oops, i forgot somethings.

I will be at Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake City UT, and will be in hospital for about 5 days, maybe longer depending on if Dr Panucci decides that my incisions and DIEP reconstruction isn't taking as well as he'd hoped. While at Huntsman, I'll be in the ICU for most of the time, just so that my incisions aren't as exposed to "outside" air/contaminants.