Gayle's Cancer Updates

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Re: Biopsy Results & My Cancer Updates

Post by frugalmom » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:43 pm

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:09 am
Thank you! 💛
Thank you for the update that things are going well and you are doing better! I will continue to pray for you and for that redness to disappear and that you will be comfortable. Take it easy, let others like your husband help with the kids and take care of them so you can rest...I know it is not easy but take care of yourself first! (((HUGS to you gf)))! XXXOOO

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:00 am

frugalmom wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:43 pm
[quote=gaylejackson2 post_id=67238 time=<a href="tel:1570255760">1570255760</a> user_id=369]
Thank you! 💛
Thank you for the update that things are going well and you are doing better! I will continue to pray for you and for that redness to disappear and that you will be comfortable. Take it easy, let others like your husband help with the kids and take care of them so you can rest...I know it is not easy but take care of yourself first! (((HUGS to you gf)))! XXXOOO
[/quote]

Thanks. Oh its definitely Not easy sitting on my bum, but I’m doing it.

gaylejackson2

Gayle Jackson Cancer Updates

Post by gaylejackson2 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Hello friends,

Just got home from my cancer follow-up appointment. My thoughts are a bit jumbled up, I kept adding in info as I remembered it.

As always, this update is copied & pasted into multiple sites, and emails.

I saw Dr Panucci’s PA Joanna this time, but will see him next time.

Hurray!! They pulled my last drain, for which I am very thankful, as the last few days it was causing me severe burning-type pain that would wake me up at night. The drain line HURT, and my belly moved, as it came out, which caused us to wonder if my body had tried to grow onto it.

Joanna prescribed 3 more days of the antibiotic, just to be sure that the infection is gone from my left breast, and to keep one from trying to get going at my drain site (she said, “Oh it sounds like one IS trying to happen there.”

She said that I still cannot do knitting, crocheting, or spinning(wool) as those activities engage the shoulders and chest muscles so much that the body cannot heal itself as well. Also no lifting arms above shoulder-height, no jogging, no baths or swimming, and no doing anything else that causes my body pain or discomfort. Also no driving yet either. I still have the 4-5 pound lifting restriction. Haha, no chance of me jogging as walking, or standing, for my allotted 15-20 minutes is exhausting.

She did say I can do embroidery as long as I don't engage my shoulders, also that I should walk as much as I can, to go outside in the sunshine, that I can make a sandwich, and dress myself in whatever clothes feel comfortable.

We talked about pain medication, when and how to know to reduce use of the narcotic, and side effects. We talked about sleep, and sleep-hygiene. She also said to be sure to keep babying my body, that it is still healing; that I will be able to stand or sit upright for 15-20 minutes each day now, but not to push my body, and to still sit with my feet up when not walking.

I am to go back next Friday at noon, and will see Dr Panucci then. Good thing, as I didn't get some of my questions answered; I guess I could email my questions to him but maybe that sore area will resolve itself without any questions needing to be asked about it.

Joanna is an interesting lady, she likes to wait until you, the patient, are distracted (both this time & last time by drain removal), then she talks really fast about all the information she wants you to know. She & my hubby talked about some things while I was occupied with the drain pulling.

We have decided to stop trying to sell our Expedition as we aren't getting good enough offers to where we wouldn't still have to pay a year’s-worth of car payments, or more still after selling it. Somehow we will survive. I guess.

I’m really struggling with the grief stages and the reality of having had CANCER, and how it’s a GIANT BULLY that I have no control over.

Thank you all, where applicable, for your prayers and support, visits, text messages, calls, cards, and gifts. I feel so uplifted by your kindness.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

alliesmama4

Re: Gayle Jackson Cancer Updates

Post by alliesmama4 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:34 pm

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:08 pm
Hello friends,

Just got home from my cancer follow-up appointment. My thoughts are a bit jumbled up, I kept adding in info as I remembered it.

Hurray!! They pulled my last drain, for which I am very thankful, as the last few days it was causing me severe burning-type pain that would wake me up at night. The drain line HURT, and my belly moved, as it came out, which caused us to wonder if my body had tried to grow onto it.

Joanna prescribed 3 more days of the antibiotic, just to be sure that the infection is gone from my left breast, and to keep one from trying to get going at my drain site (she said, “Oh it sounds like one IS trying to happen there.”

She said that I still cannot do knitting, crocheting, or spinning(wool) as those activities engage the shoulders and chest muscles so much that the body cannot heal itself as well. Also no lifting arms above shoulder-height, no jogging, no baths or swimming, and no doing anything else that causes my body pain or discomfort. Also no driving yet either. I still have the 4-5 pound lifting restriction.

She did say I can do embroidery as long as I don't engage my shoulders, also that I should walk as much as I can, to go outside in the sunshine, that I can make a sandwich, and dress myself in whatever clothes feel comfortable.

We talked about pain medication, when and how to know to reduce use of the narcotic, and side effects. We talked about sleep, and sleep-hygiene. She also said to be sure to keep babying my body, that it is still healing; that I will be able to stand or sit upright for 15-20 minutes each day now, but not to push my body, and to still sit with my feet up when not walking.

I am to go back next Friday at noon, and will see Dr Panucci then.

Joanna is an interesting lady, she likes to wait until you, the patient, are distracted (both this time & last time by drain removal), then she talks really fast about all the information she wants you to know. She & my hubby talked about some things while I was occupied with the drain pulling.

We have decided to stop trying to sell our Expedition as we aren't getting good enough offers to where we wouldn't still have to pay a year’s-worth of car payments, or more. Somehow we will survive. I guess.

I’m really struggling with the grief stages and the reality of having had CANCER, and how it’s a GIANT BULLY that I have no control over.

Thank you all, where applicable, for your prayers and support, visits, text messages, calls, cards, and gifts. I feel so uplifted by your kindness.
Gayle thank you for the update. I know you are still in a lot of pain and cannot imagine what you are going through. However it does sound like you are making progress. Just being able to get up and walk around should help to make you feel better and to start to try to build up your strength. Be good to yourself and take it easy too. Yes cancer is a bully but hopefully with the excellent care you are receiving you can kick it out the door and start a new re-energized life knowing it is being kicked out of your life.
Love, gentle ((hugs)), and prayers being sent your way. Your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:45 pm

by gaylejackson2 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:08 pm

Hello friends,

She said that I still cannot do knitting, crocheting, or spinning(wool) as those activities engage the shoulders and chest muscles so much that the body cannot heal itself as well. Also no lifting arms above shoulder-height, no jogging, no baths or swimming, and no doing anything else that causes my body pain or discomfort. Also no driving yet either. I still have the 4-5 pound lifting restriction.

I am to go back next Friday at noon, and will see Dr Panucci then. Good thing, as I didn't get some of my questions answered; I guess I could email my questions to him but maybe that sore area will resolve itself without any questions needing to be asked about it.

We have decided to stop trying to sell our Expedition as we aren't getting good enough offers to where we wouldn't still have to pay a year’s-worth of car payments, or more. Somehow we will survive. I guess.

Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gayle first of all lots of {{{{{HUgs}}}}}

You have to grieve your diagnosis. I know I had to grieve the loss of hearing in my right ear. Along with the balance difficulties it causes.

Penny

rinty

Post by rinty » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:09 am

Penny, you explained that beautifully, she does need to grieve.