Gayle's Cancer Updates

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
delighted99

Re: Gayle's Cancer Updates

Post by delighted99 »

Hi Gayle,

I popped into the forum a few days ago after being away for some time. I read through your posts. I am sorry some of those around you are trivializing what you are going through. I hope you continue to take good care of yourself.
gaylejackson2 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:58 am
Agreed, neither much sympathy. Perhaps she was given them this calling to help her to be able to relate to others better, but this is just my opinion, it's nothing I know.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:13 pm
You mentioned you need avoid engaging your core muscles. That is one of the reasons I cautioned you a while back about scooting a laundry basket with your foot. You are using core muscles. You are tightening those muscles to maintain your balance and posture. Let someone else take the basket down to the laundry room. If there is no one there at the time let it go until someone is there.I know you want to do more but need to follow the Drs advise for you healing.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you for reminding me of that, Janet. I honestly don't think that I understood at the time that even using my knees or feet would engage those muscles--I thought a lot, about what Dr P said, on the way home yesterday, and I totally "get it" now.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

delighted99 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:03 pm
Hi Gayle,

I popped into the forum a few days ago after being away for some time. I read through your posts. I am sorry some of those around you are trivializing what you are going through. I hope you continue to take good care of yourself.
Thank you Delighted.

I hope all is going well on your home front.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:32 pm
Oh, Gayle, really hope all these things settle down for you.
Thank you dear. I suspect that I'll be feeling Much better in a week or so, though I'll be hairless by then too. ;)

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Gayle I have been thinking about you going out to shop. Did the Dr tell you to wear a mask? With chemo you can more easily pick up a germ/virus and that would be very bad for in regard to your treatment, healing, and in general your health. Year before last I did not wear a mask and was sick almost the entire winter due to my low immune system. Be careful you are very vulnerable right now.
Janet Alliesmama

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Dear Family & Friends,

This is not a real update, more of a FYI to say that I did the thing that I’ve been saying I was going to do. It is just the latest step in the cancer & chemo process.

Lest you think I’m making you guess, here it is in excerpt form from another post elsewhere:

“ Well I did it, I chopped off my hair... or rather my girls and hubby did it for me. I have kept two braids, and I made ds15 video both the girls & dh’ cuttings. My girls acted happiest about the whole things, but I wasn't, dh wasn't & I’m fairly sure I caught ds15 sniffling a bit too.

But it is done, and BOO to the naysayers!!!

Edited to add:

This is not to say that I shan’t mourn my hair, because I will do so (and have done, am doing, so) as I feel this is just one more way for cancer to sink its’ claws into my life.”
—-
In truth, my dears, cutting my hair off has been one of the harder aspects of this whole having-cancer thing, perhaps because it is a Real Physical Thing that Lets Others See that Something is going on with you in a way that almost lays your soul open for others to glimpse the emotional pain & anguish you're feeling.

I know you all want to know, have I lost any hair yet? No, I am not actively losing hair from my head, however I have been noticing that there is some body hair sloughing off into my clothes. I do expect to start seeing more random hairs showing up in my beanies & hats later in this month as the Chemo continues working through my body. For now, my scalp itches & aches all over, as it has done since 3 days after my 1st chemo treatment.

I’m feeling very sad & melancholy, but no anger (yet). That may show up later after my hair actually falls out.

No restrictions have been lifted other than ones from last week, as I won't see any Drs until Dec 5 & 6.

Many thanks to you all who have continued to support me through phone calls, text messages, gifts, funny memes on Facebook, cards, email notes, and prayers. You all are my Village, My Tower of Strength, and I thank you all So Much!! The effects of horrible disease continues to make theirselves known to me in small ways, and while I Am Fighting Back, today I am so very sad!!

All my love to you,
Gayle P Jackson
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:27 am, edited 4 times in total.