Gayle's Cancer Updates

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Gayle's Cancer Updates

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:43 pm Am essentially cancer free now. Shouldn't I be celebrating?? Maybe next week after these side effects slough off.

Have been feeling “left out” because not all of my hair fell out, strange I know. So I shaved the last bits, best as I could, prior to my shower today. I wanna be totally Bald!! 😁 Not kinda bald!

I think it's depression a bit that has hold of me. I should go for a walk just to be out of house, though I can barely stand upright as chemo is making me feel so sleepy.
Gayle I know you still have a lot of rough times to go through with this last round of chemo.. Take a nap and then when you rally around go for a walk. There are days I am dizzy with fatigue but after resting for a while I get another spurt of energy. So glad that your chemo is sort of behind you.. You go girl. ((hug)). your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:56 pm Gayle I know you still have a lot of rough times to go through with this last round of chemo.. Take a nap and then when you rally around go for a walk. There are days I am dizzy with fatigue but after resting for a while I get another spurt of energy. So glad that your chemo is sort of behind you.. You go girl. ((hug)). your friend, Janet
Thanks Janet!! You are the cheerleader for us all here on MFH!!
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Gayle,
Don't feel pressure to feel happy. It is not over yet. You are still dealing with the after affects.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

It takes a while and if you feel depressed right now you have every reason to be. Remember you have suffered a loss and with every loss there does follow depression. Rest, recuperate, and then go for a nice walk to commune with God and your inner self.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:48 am Thanks Janet!! You are the cheerleader for us all here on MFH!!
Thanks Gayle.. I guess my cheer leading goes back to years and years of working in rehab with patients and trying to find the silver lining in so many people's lives.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I am glad to hear that you are on the mend even if it feels exhausting at this point.