Gayle's Cancer Updates

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Biopsy Results & My Cancer Updates

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Regarding my follow-up appt at Huntsman Cancer Institute yesterday Oct 3, 2019, I did get 3 drains removed!!YAY!!

However, we got in to see Dr Matsen (who also went over the Pathology report again, then shook my hand and said see you in 6 months in April), she was most concerned about a sizable reddish area on my left breast-which wasn’t there earlier that morning when we were emptying the drains. So Her nurse Heidi came in, who agreed, and she sent for Dr Panucci’s NP Joanna (who covers his patients when he’s out-of-town as he was yesterday), who was also concerned-she called Dr P, then took pictures & emailed them to him, and tried to contact him while we waited... Eventually they came back, having talked to him & to Radiaology, they’d arranged an ultrasound of the red area. They feared because drain#1 (left b) hadn’t been working, then maybe there was a pool of fluid inside the newly-formed breast-if so, how big and could it be removed (i.e. drained by syringe). So off to Women’s Imaging, then an ultrasound with Dr Joseph Garrity who had done my first ultrasound at Huntsman of the axila lymph nodes. He DID find several small pools of fluid, but told me he needed to discuss his findings with Dr Morgan & Joanna, and left me wrapped on blankets (he’d brought me 3Warm Blankets before he started the ultrasound); I attempted to nap as I had left my phone with Dh in the exam room. A pair of dark-haired ladies did walk in, said OOPS, then ran back out laughing & coughing. Eventually Dr Garrity came back to say he & Dr Morgan had discussed his findings with Joanna, and that they had opted against draining the fluid as it was such a small amount. Two nurses had come with him, and the walked me back to the exam room where hubby was. Joanna met us there, and said that Dr Panucci had said to give me a low-grade antibiotic (4x a day for 7days) in hopes that would clear up the redness. The two nurses pulled 3 of my 4 drains while Joanna repeatedly admonished me to “stay down With Your Feet Up,” but also to not forget to walk about my house 5-10 times a day for 5-10 minutes each, then go Sit Down With Your Feet up, but also NO LIFTING past waist-height, 2pound lifting or less. We also discussed my other meds, with changes made to my pain meds, then we discussed my overall healing, and she gave me a paper with all the same information she’d just told me, plus another follow-up appointment for next Friday Oct 11, 2019 at 9:40am. We went downstairs to collect my 3 newest Rx’s from the pharmacy, and left 4 hours after our arrival.
———-
Sorry for the length, but as I was typing, I kept remembering details, as I had not yet written it up.
———/
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. 💛💗💛💗
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:38 pm Gayle I am so happy for you that things look so much better. Glad they found the problem in time and you were able to have the surgery so soon before things could advance. What a blessing.
Yes!!💛
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:46 pm So happy to read your news Gayle !!!!!
Thank you! 💛
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:50 pm Wonderful news.
Thank you!😊
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Gayle, hope that antibiotic does the trick for you. Sounds like things are progressing!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Thanks for the update Gayle. Things really seem to be going well, I hope the fluid/ redness disappears very soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/